Clio RS 20th mod in Japan

That is an interesting addition to your steering wheel you have created, does that mean you are finally happy with your decision of steering wheel? (you appear to have changed it about 3x now lol)

Not yet :bounce:
I have two steering wheels (Nardi and OMP) . Using Nardi usually and at some sporty driving using OMP. Time for exchange is less than 10 seconds.
Now my Nardi is under construction to do some modification.

"Why call it Complete? European countries still sold the Renault Sport Clio but why try to end its Japanese sales of the Renault Sport Lutecia? Is it because it will give way to the Japan launch of the new Renault Sport Megane?"

That is completely wrong.
Because of the changes of Japanese law last year, Clio3 (Lutecia3) RS become unable to pass the regulations (narrow clearance between the engine and the bonnet). Anyway we can get Lutetia3 RS no more here.

Finally my steering got two gray stripes on the top and yellow round stitches.

steeringstripe07.jpg
steeringstripe02.jpg

Megane RS shift knob on my clio. The megane shift knob is heavier by 40% than clio's and has yellow stitches.
Shift boot is the original one, but I put it in the opposite direction and dyed the stitches yellow by myself.

shiftstitch04-7eea8.jpg
shiftstitch05.jpg
shiftstitch06.jpg
shiftstitch04.jpg

and another shift knob :bounce1:
6mtkeyholder01.jpg

The magane gearstick knob is heavier than the Clio despite looking the same!? Haha i would have never known or guessed that! How did you find that out? :smile:

I got the knob from my friend who has a Megane RS.
At the first time I picked it up with my fingers, I thought it may be heavier than clio one. Then I weighed them.
I think the gearstick of megane is shorter than clio's, so it is a little heavier to shift with the same strength.

He weighed them....8)

LOL i figured that out Sherlock! What i meant was, what even made him think in the begining "i know i will source a Megane gear knob and weigh it to check if its heavier" :wink:

But thanks for clearing that up Masa, having a friend with a Megane RS gear knob available to be weighed would indeed help.

Nice mods and some well expensive ones too. The first 20th Anniversary Edition I've seen on this forum apart from mine. Same but so different lol. Nice subtle mods, like the handbrake leather cover. Need more pics where we can see the entire car.

HI ScoobyGib !!

The 20th Anniversary Edition clio200, Renault Japon sold only 30 of them in Japan, so they are very rare here.
I did not buy it from Renault Japon and imported it personally from italy, so my clio is left-hand drive.
Are they (20th RS) rare over there in UK ?

Latest photo ( rainy driving )
2011073102.jpg
2011073108.jpg

The gear knobs just screw off masa? I might invest in a RS alloy one...

Not screw off, just pull off. Be careful not to hit your head to the ceiling.:jumpon:
RS alloy is good. Not only its appearance but its shift feeling is better than normal.

A small change of the steering centre ornament

before - Nardi horn button
steeringstripe07.jpg

after - Renault badge from a genuine airbag and black painted
steeringstripe12.jpg

lol that looks photoshopped. 20th RS is very rare here because as far as i know, they were never sold in the uk. Your the only one i've seen. keep up the good work. Flying the flag for Japan

HI ScoobyGib !!

The 20th Anniversary Edition clio200, Renault Japon sold only 30 of them in Japan, so they are very rare here.
I did not buy it from Renault Japon and imported it personally from italy, so my clio is left-hand drive.
Are they (20th RS) rare over there in UK ?

Latest photo ( rainy driving )
2011073102.jpg
2011073108.jpg

Hi Masa, very nice!! I'm not from the UK, im from Gibraltar :smile:
The 20th Anniversary Edition was not sold in the UK. Mine is from Europe like yours, number 348 of 500 made.

I like those stripes. Would have loved to see how they would look all the way down the bonnet.

Hi Masa, very nice!! I'm not from the UK, im from Gibraltar :smile:
The 20th Anniversary Edition was not sold in the UK. Mine is from Europe like yours, number 348 of 500 made.

I like those stripes. Would have loved to see how they would look all the way down the bonnet.

You are from Gibraltar!! I really want to go there once.
I didnt know only 500 of 20th RS were made. My serial number is 148.

I did it on my PC. I dont think I recommend this. Gordini style is the best.
2011073102_2.jpg

half way is better.
2011073102_3.jpg

Last edited: