Clio RS 20th mod in Japan

Nice Car, Masa!
What about Fujitsubo titanium exhaust for Clio (Lutecia) and extra Japanese engine mods? Have you recognized about them for clio? Very interested.
Please, can you explain what for you made Crankcase pressure reducing valve "NAG" , after the air filter?
Im thinking to instal a separate oil absorber can, May be it is better idea?

Hi Nican, thank you for your comment.
Clio200 F4R engine is highly regarded ,not so many engine mods here.
Fujitsubo and Akrapovic are popular exhaust mod menu here, but I dont think you can feel engine power or torque increase, only for exhaust sound increace.
DYNATWIST EVO is also popular ,but the same way only air intake sound increace.This is my opinion.
parts381567_2.jpg

Blowby gas circuit of F4R engine is only from crankcase to intake manifold without positive crankcase ventilation (PCV) valve ,and it is a little bit old manner. Crankcase pressure reducing valve "NAG" is one way valve. When you open throttle, NAG vacuum up high pressure blowby gas by using negative pressure of air cleaner box after air filter. When you closed throttle, NAG will shut its valve not to suck air and keep crankcase pressure negative. So any time you can get negative pressure in crankcase for smoother engine revolution.

Do you have any idea for ignition plug? Original plugs for Clio are NGK PFR7Z-TG designed to prevent carbon-based deposits attached. I will try Brisk Premium DOR14LGS next week.

.....what sort of paint will do the vent covers....have been considering that myself.......anyone know where you can get the RS stickers from?......got one of those sunglasses holders in my car as standard!!

How i understend, thise Nug valve suck oily gas (mostly not clean) from crankcase directly back to the engine, it doesent seriosly help to vent the crankcase because pressure in it much higher then atmosferic, of course, it is better for environmental protection for birds and rabbits, but who cares...

About the plugs, Hot-hatch racing season starts at 16 of april, some guys will try Denso IK24, and may be very expancive Denso Iridium Racing IK01-24 (heat rating 6 = stock plugs) and IK01-27 (heat rating 8 ), IK01-31 - 9. It is possible to use Ngk R7434-9.
But in my opinion, it will makes somth interesting if you building very high performance engine.
For two years of usege, I have polished TB for a horn (little bit nicer on middle and high revs).

Attachments

• IMG_4831.jpg
    IMG_4831.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
How i understend, thise Nug valve suck oily gas (mostly not clean) from crankcase directly back to the engine, it doesent seriosly help to vent the crankcase because pressure in it much higher then atmosferic, of course, it is better for environmental protection for birds and rabbits, but who cares...

Blowby ventilation to atomosphere is prohibited here. You are right the valve suck oily gas, so it is necessary to clean inner of the valve once a year and short cycle oil change.

Masa, nice work with the Recaro.

Does your car have three seats in the back?

In the UK 197's have three seats but 200's only have two.

Only just seen this thread, I really like the extra interior door handles. Just what the Clio needs, the door handles are far too close to the hinges and the doors are too heavy for them to be good in tight parking spaces. How have you done it? Is it custom or are they off the cup Clio?

Masa, nice work with the Recaro.
Does your car have three seats in the back?
In the UK 197's have three seats but 200's only have two.

Hi,RalphyBMW

Thank you for you comment. Yes, 200's have only two seats in Japan too.
But I have three children and one wife:tongueout: so I asked the importer to add one more seat (headrest and seat belt).

Only just seen this thread, I really like the extra interior door handles. Just what the Clio needs, the door handles are far too close to the hinges and the doors are too heavy for them to be good in tight parking spaces. How have you done it? Is it custom or are they off the cup Clio?

Hi, arranshuker
The extra interior door handles are custom by my Reanlt dealer's mechanic.
He doesnt tell me where the pockets from but i think they are from Nissan parts.

Many people here feel the doors too heavy to open and close as you say.

Sorry I clearly didn't read this properly before, there are some really neat touches here.

Where is your original cruise control switch?

What is the idea behind shortening the clutch travel?

Do you think the crank case pressure reducing thing makes a noticeable difference?

Also what is the benefit of the Sony stereo in the glove compartment, over the Parrot?

Those extra door handles are very neat, and a great idea.

1.Where is your original cruise control switch?
2.What is the idea behind shortening the clutch travel?
3.Do you think the crank case pressure reducing thing makes a noticeable difference?
4.Also what is the benefit of the Sony stereo in the glove compartment, over the Parrot?

1. Its on the ceatre console next to the hand brake.
2. I think clio's clutch travel is too long. You can pedal it long way after the clutch meet, and it bothers me.
3. Yes, you can hear the shift indicator's alarm much earlier than before. I recommend a high flow air filter also.
4. Two reasons. One is that we can't use Parrot's radio in Japan because of radio wave difference. The other is that Parrot doesnt have CD player.

Reactions: mannors007
How popular are the clio's over in Japan? I've been driving imported jdm cars for years but feel the european Market has gradually got more appealing and that the Clio is a great new car. Only car the jdm Market gets I wish we got now is the 4 door civic type r ( fd2 ). I would like one of them!
Like your changes / gadgets alot. I've had to do the same but the other way round to some of my jdm cars so I can use radio etc!