Clio's a hard act to follow....

Great day at Malton BB...so many exotic and modified cars, you were tripping over GT Porsche's. Honestly, when you consider the costs of some of the stuff there, the Clio really didn't look out of place. As the 3 cars drove in, heads were turning, which was good to see.

My idea was 'For Sale' sign in Clio, and then I was hoping to get some inspiration for a new project. However, I left empty handed....(aside from Mountune RS), although must have been 15k in that car.

Then the superb drive to Scarborough with Yorkshire forum lads which just re-enforced generally my thinking on the day.....Be careful what you wish for Litchy!!!!

When you use it as its suppose to, nothing comes even close without spending another 13-15k. Its just a pity I don't get the opportunity as often as I'd would have liked.....

Last edited:
sorry i didn't get to meet you, i was with the yorkshire lot for 10 mins the kids allowed.

were you parked on the main road at the end?

looked very nice if you were.

I can't see it being hard to find a buyer but I can't see it being cheap to replace.

Great day at Malton BB...so many exotic and modified cars, you were tripping over GT Porsche's. Honestly, when you consider the costs of some of the stuff there, the Clio really didn't look out of place. As the 3 cars drove in, heads were turning, which was good to see.

My idea was 'For Sale' sign in Clio, and then I was hoping to get some inspiration for a new project. However, I left empty handed....(aside from Mountune RS), although must have been 15k in that car.

Then the superb drive to Scarborough with Yorkshire forum lads which just re-enforced generally my thinking on the day.....Be careful what you wish for Litchy!!!!

When you use it as its suppose to, nothing comes even close without spending another 13-15k. Its just a pity I don't get the opportunity as often as I'd would have liked.....

You should visit us more often :smile:

Good to meet you and see the car in person, the engine bay really does look very tidy and you wouldn't know the level of modification involved.

sorry i didn't get to meet you, i was with the yorkshire lot for 10 mins the kids allowed.

were you parked on the main road at the end?

looked very nice if you were.

You should visit us more often :smile:

Good to meet you and see the car in person, the engine bay really does look very tidy and you wouldn't know the level of modification involved.

Cheers...Just might take you up on that......

they come alive on those roads!!! the forest run is great and been on it a few times when its been empty :eek:

Foxspeed; You guys must have put in some serious mileage that day!? I didn't get home till 5 and I left while you were still in Scarborough :smiley:

Your right though Litchy, there was very little there that would trouble the Clio for cost -vs- fun. Especially now that yours is a (nearly) finished article its hard to argue when you consider how much money you would have to throw at something else to make it equally as fun. Personally I'd get behind the wheel and enjoy it while you've got it, if you sell it now you'll regret not using it enough/properly IMO. Maybe the track day bug will bite you and that opens up a whole world of other cars/modifications!

Also lol @ your comment about when the "3 cars drove in" people looked. I doubt anyone noticed the filthy black Clio at the front, maybe the noisy yellow one or the racing blue. My car looked like sh*t as usual :lol: (why is always filthy when I go to a show!?!)