Conversation in a traffic jam

This morning was nose to tail in traffic on a dual-carriageway near to where I live. A chap came level with me waving to get my attention. On opening the window, he asked the year of the car and commented that he'd owned an R26R and regretted selling it. He loved the Clio and it makes for a pleasant change to have a fellow enthusiast want to engage in a conversation whilst in traffic :smile: That's a first for me in Surrey on a usual morning commute!

He was driving a Merc G-Wagon.

The car seems to be getting alot of positive attention at the moment, must be because I cleaned it maybe

Happened to me at the ford garage the other day when I test drove the new ST. He was more interested in my car lol

:clap:Always nice too have a nice chat plus nice comments about your car

Indeed - it took me by surprise, we must have moved half a mile having a chat :smile: Now I never did get this in my M3, more hand-gestures from MPV drivers! The chap didn't help me though mentioning an R26R as I still keep looking at them on PHs :smile:

Loving the Clio's performance right now - its running very well since my return from Germany. Cobwebs well and truly cleared!

Happened to me at the ford garage the other day when I test drove the new ST. He was more interested in my car lol

They really do get quite a lot of attention don't they. I haven't really noticed this too much until recently. Although not quite as much as when I owned an S1 Exige. A quick petrol stop would end up being nearly an hour of chat! That's one car I wish was still in my garage :smile:

Some people 'just know' if you know what I mean :wink:

It can't be explained, they just know what it's about :smile:

I got the thumbs up from a gentleman in a Cupra R a couple of weeks ago. And when I was picking Emma up in Glasgow on Friday night a group of "slightly wasted" guys came up and wanted to shake my hand for having such a "magic looking car".

Nothing comes close to the attention I got when I got my old ultimate green mk2 focus RS back in 2009/10. Never experienced anything like it in my life.... Police asking for passenger rides, people taking pics in tesco car parks, people posing with the car for pics at petrol stations, girls flashing boobs on the motorway and as a chaperone to a friends daughters prom! It got more attention than all the limos haha

I got almost entirely negative attention in my LY F1, a note on the window telling me my car was chavvy, all of my girl mates said it was nasty, old ladies shaking their head as it went past and my god the amount of people that said it looked like an AA car! Once a man walked up to my window and completely seriously asked how much it would cost for me to take him to X place!! It's not a frikking taxi you failure of a male!

Nothing comes close to the attention I got when I got my old ultimate green mk2 focus RS back in 2009/10. Never experienced anything like it in my life.... Police asking for passenger rides, people taking pics in tesco car parks, people posing with the car for pics at petrol stations, girls flashing boobs on the motorway and as a chaperone to a friends daughters prom! It got more attention than all the limos haha

Lol! Police actually asked for a go? That's brilliant

The most I get is the occasional

"That's a nice car you have"

"Thank you"

"Yeah, I'd quite like one of those Megane's"

Fml

Works the other way round with me. I always get positive comments, the usual one is," what kind of power does that put out then?". Quite surprised how many folk like LY!

I mostly get 'girl's car'... Usually from people that have no idea about what's underneath.

I sometimes wish mine was LY, but then other times not. I think you can get away with more aggressive driving in a black car rather than a super shiny yellow one.

I mostly get 'girl's car'... Usually from people that have no idea about what's underneath.

I sometimes wish mine was LY, but then other times not. I think you can get away with more aggressive driving in a black car rather than a super shiny yellow one.

Completely agree mate, the douche level is already reasonably high with a yellow car, so going for it only makes you into a super douche in most peoples eyes. But don't get me wrong I looooooove LY, just wish that the majority didn't see it so negatively.