Coolant color

Legend@wheels

Gold Member
hi
i bought the genuine (black/blue bottle)renault coolant fluid and its green,i checked the one i got in my car and is red/yellow it is ok? O.O!
i thought they would be same

for the people who are wondering about the comments down lol,i edited the post ( pointless to open new one)

Last edited:
Something like this runs along the bottom of the front bumper and its for headlight washers iirc. Not sure if its the same one though

Its the battery overflow/breather pipe. Should plug into the side of the battery and it probably ends somewhere where fluid can drain if needed.

Of course, these guys are correct, knew id seen another one somewhere lol.

There is one along the bottom of the bumper also though, so im notmgoing completely mad.

So its actually for incase the acid of battery will flow ?
It was at the bottom of the battery and just went down to the floor( looks kinda useless)

it vents gases not acid - when the battery is charging it can give off hydrogen gas - modern batteries have the acid held in a sort of matting/matrix so in an
accident it wont leak acid out

You probably have non genuine coolant in the car now. I would drain, rinse and refil with correct coolant.

Do not mix them together, it could end badly

what you have currently is the advanced fluid likewise from halfords, top notch stuff. i use this over the normal blue coolant
have done in my last two cars and runs temps allot nicer :smile:

Mine never pass the half and mostly at 1/3-+
Plus this is what i bought and i heard its the best for this car(200)
uploadfromtaptalk1439987207616.jpguploadfromtaptalk1439987219300.jpg
If u ask me it looks pretty bad ,it even doesnt mention its hot temp ,only - at cold freeze

Last edited:
yeah same stuff in halfords just different packing i would have thought, if its red id stick with it red. just noticed my car runs allot better when its sat in traffic and when tracking :smile:
just pop into halfords and get some, it comes diluted and undiluted
hope this helps

Its not blue ,its green brah
Thats weird i think they have same bottles and different colors... [emoji15] [emoji15]
Its even same part number lol i got confused
Anyway the color doesnt matter no? The specs are same -21 c

Last edited:
It's not the colour that is the issue, it's the type. Mix the wrong types together and it forms a gel like substance and can block the water flow.

As as long as you are doing a full drain and refil you will be fine, if just a top up you need to ensure they are they same type of coolant.