Correction Detail on Storm Grey Clio 200... with G|Techniq C2

How much do you charge? I'm only down the road in stourbridge!

It depends what you want, what products you want me to use, and what colour you have really... lots of variables to consider :smile:

Send me a PM, and I'll sort you out a price :smile:

wow russ that is amazing. . .

1 question though. . . in picture 2 of the boot why does the paint look mottled? like it hasnt been flatted properly in the factory. or is it just the camera angle?

Oh my god, that looks amazing! Fantastic work Russ

Woody, pretty much all cars have this to some extent, it's called 'orange peel'. My 197 certainly has it all over

Thanks folks :smile:

As Ben says, all cars have orange peel to some extent. It's far more apparent after a polishing session, as the 'gloss' seems to magnify it somewhat

yeah orange peeling happens for 3 reasons. . .

too cold when its painted.

the lacquer is applied too soon after painting

the paint wasnt "flatted" before lacquering.

ull notice on things like bentleys orange peeling is non existant as they are all hand painted and flatted.

another one of the 200's downfalls i may add. they are cheaply built as fast as possible

that example seems worse than most thgh

It's not worse at all, its the angle of the photo I'd imagine. My 197 was just as bad, easily, as were the other 12 or so 197's I've had the pleasure of working on.

yeah i noticed it on mine too . . .. it can be overcome by wet sanding though.

Indeed, but sod that lol!

That's some very advanced detailing, I'd have to have a lot of practice before attempting that. KDS Keltec do some incredible work in this respect, but you're looking at £800 for a detail.

i saw it on a BMW M3 and OMG it was awesome infact im going to find the link