Dale's Glacier White 200 cup

It's known in the medical profession as 'Milltek Foot'. Other common names are 'Scorpion Foot', 'Akra Foot', 'Decat Foot' etc. Not to be confused with Athletes Foot...that is something much less desirable....

Yeah and the fact you generally catch the latter in swimming pools - not really a clios natural habitat!

Reactions: Jimmy
It's known in the medical profession as 'Milltek Foot'. Other common names are 'Scorpion Foot', 'Akra Foot', 'Decat Foot' etc. Not to be confused with Athletes Foot...that is something much less desirable....

After a bit of research I definitely think it's a case of 'Miltek foot', unfortunately there's no known cure :excited: looks like I'll just have to live with it ...

:track:

Reactions: Jimmy
Sounds SO much better than stock :thumb:

It does! I don't know why it doesn't sound like this as standard.

With a completely standard 197/200, when you turn the key in the ignition and the engine fires up you wouldn't think it was a 2L engine greeting you.

Reactions: ///M
Out of curiosity does anyone know... when you pass the 'change gear' beep and you lose power what's actually happening, is it the rev limiter kicking in or the car losing traction from too much power or something? :think:

Are you sure you're not hitting the limiter? You hit it fairly soon after the beep if you don't change gear pretty quickly.

This is what I'm trying to find out, is it the limiter kicking in? Or ABS because the wheels start spinning?

This is what I'm trying to find out, is it the limiter kicking in? Or ABS because the wheels start spinning?

My bet will be it's the limiter, you should be able to see it happening if you watch the rev counter. The beep will happen and then a shortly after the needle will stop moving round the gauge and hold still at whatever the limit is at (~7500rpm ish I can't remember exactly).

The abs shouldn't randomly operate. The esp might, but I'd doubt it if you're already moving at a decent rate and in a straight ish line. Maybe if you'd hit a patch of ice/dirt on the road.

If it were wheels spinning then it'd be flashing the traction light.

Just change at the beep - is when the gear is supposed to be changed anyway.

Reactions: Dystant
If it were wheels spinning then it'd be flashing the traction light.

Just change at the beep - is when the gear is supposed to be changed anyway.

Yeah I'm not trying to push the car past it, I've just accidentally missed the gear change beep a few times in the past and wondered what exactly was happening :smile:

My bet will be it's the limiter, you should be able to see it happening if you watch the rev counter. The beep will happen and then a shortly after the needle will stop moving round the gauge and hold still at whatever the limit is at (~7500rpm ish I can't remember exactly).

The abs shouldn't randomly operate. The esp might, but I'd doubt it if you're already moving at a decent rate and in a straight ish line. Maybe if you'd hit a patch of ice/dirt on the road.

Not hitting ice or dirt or anything in the road, it happens every time you go past the gear change beep.

If it was the abs it wouldn't be randomly kicking in it would be because the wheels are spinning and it thinks the car is losing control.

There's definitely a light on the dash that flashes when it happens, but can't tell what it is as usually when getting up to revs that high my eyes are more focussed on the road :tearsofjoy:

Slightly on-topic: Tell you what - turned my traction control off the other day for the first time.

Holy wheel-spin batman on the greasy roads !

*** The light that comes on - is just a visual to accompany the audible beep imo. Not hit it many times, but wheelspin at the top of 4th in the dry wouldn't be my bet. [As i have hit it in 4th before....on my long private driveway thats leads to my house] :smile:

Slightly on-topic: Tell you what - turned my traction control off the other day for the first time.

Holy wheel-spin batman on the greasy roads !

*** The light that comes on - is just a visual to accompany the audible beep imo. Not hit it many times, but wheelspin at the top of 4th in the dry wouldn't be my bet. [As i have hit it in 4th before....on my long private driveway thats leads to my house] :smile:

I think the gear change light is green and on the left of the dials, whereas this one that flashes on mine is after gear change beep and is central.

Also, I'm talking about getting up past the gear change beep in second gear so might be dry wheelspin? Who knows! I'll have to do some digging see if I can find anything.

Turning traction control off and putting your foot down can be a lot of fun :tearsofjoy: