Deep Black 197 Exterior Detail...

Willis

The Gatekeeper
Platinum Member
After spending the first ten days of ownership trying to remove the GardX and the next five days of ownership panicing about unprotected paint, I decided I'd give the exterior a full going over today. It was my first time with using my new kit that I've spent three weeks building up and spent a small fortune on... But unfortunately I've not had time to pick my mini-vac up yet so I didn't touch the interior but it'll give me something to do on one night in the week.

Products;

Karcher
Sonus SFX1
Sonus SFX2
Sonus SFX3
Sonus SFX4
2 x 5L Bucket
GardX Sponge
CYC Foam Lance
Valet Pro Snow Foam
Sonus Ultra-Fine Clay
Sonus Gloss Shampoo
Sonus Cockpit Detailer
Valet Pro Bilberry Juice
GardX Microfibre Cloths
CYC Foam Wax Applicator
Sonus SFX Pro Applicators
Valet Pro Artemis Wax Seal
Sonus Sheepskin Wash Mitt
Sonus Glass & Chrome Polish
Sonus Tire & Bumper Dressing
Sonus Der Wunder Applicators
Sonus Der Wunder Drying Towels
Sonus Der Wunder Buffing Towels
CYC Trim & Tyre Dressing Applicator
Valet Pro Citrus Tar & Glue Remover

Piccies;

20100530-01.jpg

20100530-02.jpg

20100530-03.jpg

20100530-04.jpg

20100530-05.jpg

20100530-06.jpg

20100530-07.jpg

looking nice matey. paint correction needed on the bonnet? do i see a swirl there?

Yeah there is a few... And I mean a few, I'm bloody knackered hahaha!!! It's a shame I didn't get any before or during pictures really. The Sonus stuff did exactly what it said on the tin and removed/reduced a good 95% of the swirls. The bonnet is the worse area, the rest of the car came up brilliantly. I have no idea how to use a polisher though and all of this was done by hand. I believe you're quite handy with the detailing and paint correction? :wink:

it has been said lol. ive done a few fancy cars getting a bit of a name for myself now and a few repeat customers. hold on ill show you a picture of my bonnet lol

right this is a bit of a boring photo but it shows the clarity of my bonnet lol all u really see is the reflection of my canopy. no point in turning up in a scratched up car to detail a lambo is there lol.
SNC00597.gif

Cheers Rich and or Gem!!! :smile:

Woody that's just plain ridiculous, good work!!! :wink:

well if its done properly it looks absolutely fantastic on the whole car i thought a few years back i should turn my ocd into a business so thats what i did. i butcher wood 5 days a week and detail cars the other 2. and ure right its v. v. hard work

sorry to hijack ure thread but
SNC00600.gif

thats the front.

if any1 ever needs any work paint correction or detailing im more than happy to do it just PM me

im not even joking though this takes about 3 hours a panel 2 different positectors a 6000 and a 200 ones for the plastic panels ones for the metal. also a UV torch that shows all imperfection. dont get me started as I am really obsessive lmao

i think my next move is a wet sanding service when ive had a practice on my car.

No fair play mate, it looks mint!!!

Might have to give you a ring towards the end of the summer. :wink:

black is the best colour if ure gunna do it properly mate. good choice and good work on ures

this is as sunny as it gets in glossop lol also without just getting a white blurr on the camera in brilliant sun. ill put my uv lamp on it later and post a close up.

IMG_0262-1.gif