Different Front Lights :S

Sorry in advance if this a stupid question, but is there a difference in colour on 197 front lights, im going for a stealth look on my Black 197, however as below they both seem to have different colour, one totally white where as bottom is darker (like the back of the light if that makes sense).

Anyone shed any light? Optional extra? Aftermarket?

White
21rvt.jpg

Darker
29vawbk.jpg

haha, thats my car dude. i think the reason mine are black is cuz there the steer me home lights that turn as you turn the car. I THINK

haha, thats my car dude. i think the reason mine are black is cuz there the steer me home lights that turn as you turn the car. I THINK

haha sorry man - hope you dont mind, just a good example lol

and thanks to both of you, for clearing this up for me :smile:

Ye i've got projector with steering lights on my 197. I looked in to it with some detail before I bought my Clio because I just don't like the standard chrome lights at all! Sorry mate! I originally wanted the xenons, but I don't think there isn't any difference in lamp surround colour. So bulbs are cheaper but you still get the same look. They are or have been one of the biggest discussion points on most Clio forums I think. You can fit projectors with steering but won't have the steering because they are linked in to the ECU. I'm not sure if you can fit xenons but there type of lights need a headlamp wash by law! ;-)

Are you sure about the headlamp wash? I thought that was why you can't retro-fit HIDs? Anyway, those angle eyes look pretty cool. I was looking at getting some if I'd bought a Clio without the projectors already fitted instead of my car.

says a lot about laws eh??

might seriuosly consider getting those ones in my previous post and get HID kit for them!!

EU law states OEM fitted HID beams must have auto level and lens washers.

Yet retro fit system dont...

Strange i know lol

That's terrible! How on earth is that fair on manufacturers!? Very random! Lol!

ive been told your car can fail mot with HIDs with no washers, OEM or aftermarket

all they check is that the lights are aligned correctly IIRC.

Be easy enough to just swap them out for MOT time anyway!