Difuser paint

Any one that has had there diffuser sprayed on there 197, has the paint flacked/peeled at all?
Im wondering is it worth doing. I know it will lok very nice but idont want fork out and it starts peeling??
James

Depends who does it, any paint can peel from anywhere if its not done well enough.

To do a proper job it would have to be sanded down to get rid of the nobly bits.

Mines in the body shop as we speak, along with my wheels and wing mirrors :smile:!

The guy that owns the place is a good mate of mine and he sands everything down first like Jason said and then applies the paint from there...re did a Focus RS diffuser that had got scratched and it looked better than showroom.

Will post pics hopefully on Saturday morning when I collect it!

The 200 diffusers are painted so you shouldn't have any problems at all, providing the work is done by someone competent. Im 99% sure you wont have much of a problem with stone chips from normal driving either.

thanks pps, jonny 197 be great if you can send us some piccys on the diffuser when you pick it up, befor it goes on ad when fited

Won't be able to get pics of it off as I'm away with work whilst its getting done...theres a thread on here somewhere that shows a 197 in gloss black...cant find it though sorry!

MrAdam has a gloss black diffuses and there are shots of it off the car. If you use 'search' you wil find it with little trouble.