dodgy full beam switch

hi guys, my 197 is due for MOT this month as soon as i find somewhere to "overlook" a full decat, haha. however the full beam is very temperamental. the bulbs are fine so i think its just something to do with the switch in the stalk, it only works every so often and even then it takes a good few attempts at pulling the stalk back. wondered if anyone had any ideas for a fix rather than buying a complete new stalk as i have only seen them for like £70-£80. any help would be appreciated!
thanks!!

hi guys, my 197 is due for MOT this month as soon as i find somewhere to "overlook" a full decat, haha. however the full beam is very temperamental. the bulbs are fine so i think its just something to do with the switch in the stalk, it only works every so often and even then it takes a good few attempts at pulling the stalk back. wondered if anyone had any ideas for a fix rather than buying a complete new stalk as i have only seen them for like £70-£80. any help would be appreciated!
thanks!!

I have the exact same issue and it's only started happening in the last few weeks. Really annoying as when you try and flash someone, either nothing happens, or you have a pull the stalk so far back full beams click on and they get a good blinding!

Had the same problem on my old Clio, it's a loose/worn connection... I replaced the whole unit after buying a spare and worked a treat after