Door bullet removal

_Chris.T_

Paid Member
tedious subject I know, but I'm really struggling and getting annoyed that I can't seem to remove the bullets.
i got the repeater off ect... And many times tried to pull the bullet to the rear of the car. It will move maybe half a mm and just stop. I've tried prising them off without breaking them with no luck either. It seems to be on the backing plate that is clipped to the car so don't want to break that clip so it just hangs off.

anyone got any tips to actually get it off without snapping the ****er in half?

thanks

I had the same frustration just towards you but mostly slide. It is very stiff but they will come off eventually. I did it with my hands and it F*****g hurts when they do slide off but they will come eventually

Removed mine just last week. First bullet I broke all 3 clips as I did't realise you had to slide it to the rear of car. I advise getting a flat headed screwdriver and prising the edges of the bullets at each end first. The screw driver should go between the bullet and the backing you talked about. Dont worry, although the backing moves, it wont come off. I was quite aggresive in prising them off and the backing was fine.

Ideally if you have another pair of hands to help as once you prise one end, one of you can hold it out, whilst the other gets to work with the other end. If you let go it just goes stright back in. Once both ends are prised off a little, then begin to slide the bullet to rear.

You should still find it doesnt slide freely, and requires a bit of force. Good luck.

Last edited:
got it done eventually with lots of swearing and pain to my fingers.

got a screwdriver wrapped in cloth at the front of it and pushed to the back of the car and they flew off lol

Similar Thread Suggestions