Door lock button on handle not working

Evening all,

Just noticed that although the unlock sensor is working fine on the drivers' side door, the lock button doesn;t do anything.
The keycard works fine (of which i need another one anyway due to only having a single key) but i've rung Renault to order a new handle but wanted to know how difficult it is to change incorporating the sensor.

...or is it best just left alone and use the keycard?

Cheers,
Ry

well i've just ordered 2 new keycards, and for all the hassle of this door handle i may just stick with the conventional keycard to unlock the doors. think it may be a can of worms trying to change the handle and sensor.

well i've just ordered 2 new keycards, and for all the hassle of this door handle i may just stick with the conventional keycard to unlock the doors. think it may be a can of worms trying to change the handle and sensor.

if the door unlocks with your hand behind the handle then it will be the outer door handle button...still fiddly to do but bit easier than the sensor

yeh it still unlocks but its the lock button that's had it. does the handle replacement require the door card removal and is there any wiring connection?cheers

yeh it still unlocks but its the lock button that's had it. does the handle replacement require the door card removal and is there any wiring connection?cheers

yes that comes off and a few hard to get at connectors!

mine only works once its rained....very odd

check the the rubber seal on the door post . Mine is the same works when it feels like it. Someone told me if the door seal is damaged instead of the resin running down the channel it can get into the door catch and cause this issue. I am going to live with it for now and just use the passenger door or hatch button.

check the the rubber seal on the door post . Mine is the same works when it feels like it. Someone told me if the door seal is damaged instead of the resin running down the channel it can get into the door catch and cause this issue. I am going to live with it for now and just use the passenger door or hatch button.

oh ok, that makes sense, but yeah I've been doing the same, its not worth taking all the door lining off when i have other buttons to use