Engine misfire

JSD

Platinum Member
The engine in my 197 is misfiring badly. :nope:
With obd plugged in it is showing error code P0325.
I have swapped the spark plugs around and put new coils in but this doesn't seem to have improved things and it's still showing the same code.
Does anyone have any experience with this/ know what part I need to change?
Thanks

Update:
Cleared the fault code only for it to come back, let the engine warm up and cleared it again and it's not come back yet, still running rough though. Will try to take a video later.

2 things -

pull the plug off the knock sensor and give it a squirt with some wd40

secondly check the compressions...

@foxspeed [MENTION=1246]shakey_hand_man[/MENTION] where is the knock sensor guys?

Mine has been suffering from rough idle since forever without anything else to be affected though (no error codes or power loss), I've changed plugs, I've tried different coil packs and I changed throttle body, nothing cured it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uCOcedMZ7U

Thanks

Tried disconnecting the knock sensor, still the same. Booked in for a diagnostic at diamond motors, but they're busy as anything! My guess is a dud sensor somewhere. [MENTION=1246]shakey_hand_man[/MENTION] yes to all three

I can't get the error code to come back, even though it's still misfiring. I did swap the plugs and coils around before I cleared the fault code and it was always cylinder 1. Thanks anyway.
Could a faulty knock sensor or lambda sensor cause a misfire?

Reactions: Idefix23
Knock sensor unlikely due to how it works.. Lambda could as it will effect fuel trim but this would be obvious if you data log/obd tool. Does it misfire when cold?

Just a quick update;
Took it for a diagnostic today. Turns out the manifold flexis are done. Not good at all. Also the knock sensor had a historic fault code, but seems to be working now, probably explaining the misfire before.
Anyone heard anything about the ktec manifold? I can't find anything on it from the forum.
Cheers

I'm sure you can get flexis and get them welded? Haven't read any reviews on K-tec manifold to be honest mate even though apparently they sell like hot cakes? Not on this forum they don't..

Go for the Toyosport, you will need the Powerflex upper and lower torque mount bushes though to make sure it doesn't knock

I'm undecided between all three options.
I'm out off by the knocking sounds reported by pretty much everyone from the toyo, plus the lengths of the pipes don't look the same to me.
The ktec one looks very good, no flexis to worry about, well designed (..or ripped off *cough*). But it's £400 more than the toyo.
And finally, welding new flexis. The easiest way probably, and wouldn't require a remap.
I'm stumped, but I'm leaning towards the ktec, plus maybe finding somewhere to do a ceramic coating on it, then I shouldn't have to worry about it again.
And it gives me an excuse for a remap :tongue_smilie:

I'm undecided between all three options.
I'm out off by the knocking sounds reported by pretty much everyone from the toyo, plus the lengths of the pipes don't look the same to me.
The ktec one looks very good, no flexis to worry about, well designed (..or ripped off *cough*). But it's £400 more than the toyo.
And finally, welding new flexis. The easiest way probably, and wouldn't require a remap.
I'm stumped, but I'm leaning towards the ktec, plus maybe finding somewhere to do a ceramic coating on it, then I shouldn't have to worry about it again.
And it gives me an excuse for a remap :tongue_smilie:
As I said, get the upper and lower torque mount bush inserts from Powerflex (about £50 for the 2) and the Toyosport is fine. It doesn't require any mapping. If you find a garage with a cheap enough labour rate, you could buy the Toyo, have it fitted along with the Powerflex bushes for the same amount as just buying the KTec