Exhaust Rattling?

Cal

Gold Member
Haven't posted in a while been very busy with work and haven't had time or money to do what i want with my car yet but something has really been bugging me.. When i reverse it sounds like my exhaust is rattling i.e. bouncing up and down and hitting something but its weird because it doesn't really feel right when reversing either. the sound doesn't seem to be there when going forward or over bumps or anything so just wondering if anyone has any idea on what it might be?

cheers for the help!

Is it aftermarket or standard?

I've got a Milltek on mine and it rattles sometimes at idle. Probably just a bit of loose heat shield, I know some people have replaced the mounts which can help. But you won't really know where the issue is until you get under it and have a poke round!

Its aftermarket and it's a miltek i'll have to get it on a ramp and have a look cheers mate

No issues with my milltek, i would check the rear rubbers (one on each backbox). They may well be sagged / past their best and causing the exhasut to rattle on the rear beam - also check the heatshield is ok and secure.