Extra Stripey Gordini - Recaro pics added

Sorry to hear about your woes, hopefully it can all be sorted easily enough. Especially with all those shiny new bits to go on too :wink:

Don't de-stripe it! Keep it Gordini!!

Reactions: Gordini
So the Bilstein B14's are on and I must say I was surprised at just how compliant the ride remains. Considering I went from the non cup standard suspension to the B14s I thought it would have been much firmer riding. The car feels a lot more agile/planted and the only downside I can see is it is very slightly more crashy over potholes or severe bumps in the road. A bargain for £589! Not sure if the B14s are ideal track suspension but as a fast road setup they are fantastic.

Have also got the renaultsport side skirts on which I like. Splitter will have to wait as I'm thinking of having it carbon dipped as the standard finish is a bit low rent.

Will try and get some pics up if the rain stops.

Reactions: sevenfourate
happy days Simon..so you are happy with the setup?i love mine..where did you get them so cheap??

happy days Simon..so you are happy with the setup?i love mine..where did you get them so cheap??
Very happy with them @Pav. It was from a thread by @DRaider (many thanks for the heads up mate!) and supplied by Regal Autosport. I had to double check the price before I posted above because I couldnt remember if I had just made it up to convince the wife. But i was right, they were only £589 so a bargain...

Reactions: Jimmy
Next up I'm hoping to try a different engine map. Don't want to make the long trip up to RS tuning just yet so am going to try a more aggressive factory engine map. Apparently there exists a different map within Renaultsport that is less worried about things like mpg and emissions and more about power. My RS guru (formerly of R Sport) now has this map and we hope to try it soon on my car. We'll see if it makes a difference or is just fairydust :wink:

Ok thats a new one! not heard anyone doing anything like that, so are these maps that renault created for the 200's and just decided against using them, or from track cars or what??

I've never heard about the maps until now. I will try and see what else I can learn about it but I understand it is a map renault arrive at which gets peak power and torque from the engine but then they turn the wick down a tad in the interest of emissions, fuel economy etc. I guess the production map is optimised for all sorts of things but this is a slightly more extreme version that gives away certain things in pursuit of max performance. I'm just relaying what I've been told but it is from a guy that knows his Renaults inside out and has built a lot of engines for the race cars. RS tuning map will come once I change cams but for now this will do (assuming what else I can find out about it).

Reactions: DS197
Didn't Renault do an RS203 in Europe? If so I don't know what tweaks this had, maybe the renaultsport map is just a tweak over what they learned later on?

So the Bilstein B14's are on and I must say I was surprised at just how compliant the ride remains. Considering I went from the non cup standard suspension to the B14s I thought it would have been much firmer riding. The car feels a lot more agile/planted and the only downside I can see is it is very slightly more crashy over potholes or severe bumps in the road. A bargain for £589! Not sure if the B14s are ideal track suspension but as a fast road setup they are fantastic.

Have also got the renaultsport side skirts on which I like. Splitter will have to wait as I'm thinking of having it carbon dipped as the standard finish is a bit low rent.

Will try and get some pics up if the rain stops.

Looking forward to some stance and attitude pics ! (With suspension and skirts respectively).

Very interesting on the maps info. Look forward to hearing if the differences are plainly obvious......

Yeah very intriguing on the mystery factory map, definitely not heard of that before!! If it is genuine then that will open up a very exciting can of worms!

Great stuff with the B14s, glad you're happy with them. Looking forward to the photos too!

Finally took.some pics. Apologies for filthy car but it was all the rain yesterday :worried: Might drop it a smidgen lower on the front still...

IMG_20161002_142227_zpsb8cy6pcw.jpg
IMG_20161002_142329_zps1wjslxgq.jpg
IMG_20161002_142137_zpsdlekjslr.jpg
IMG_20161002_142259_zps4np5uct3.jpg
IMG_20161002_142245_zpsnho2ptme.jpg
IMG_20161002_142317_zpsdllfoxfd.jpg

Stance is epic i reckon buddy - enough to notice the difference without shouting 'boy racer'. And just enough gap to get the sponge / lance in come cleaning time..... :smile:

Side-skirts im unsure off tbh. I dont hate them by any means - they just don't scream BUY ME like some mods do :smile: But not about me - as long as you love them !

And you cant possibly consider an RS16 now. You've gone to far and its far too nice. Interior, exterior, wheels and suspension etc - you've only got to decide if your going cam route or Megane 275 lump; and you'll have improved everything the Senior Renault Motorsport designers could muster up :french: :excited:

Stance is epic i reckon buddy - enough to notice the difference without shouting 'boy racer'. And just enough gap to get the sponge / lance in come cleaning time..... :smile:

Side-skirts im unsure off tbh. I dont hate them by any means - they just don't scream BUY ME like some mods do :smile: But not about me - as long as you love them !

And you cant possibly consider an RS16 now. You've gone to far and its far too nice. Interior, exterior, wheels and suspension etc - you've only got to decide if your going cam route or Megane 275 lump; and you'll have improved everything the Senior Renault Motorsport designers could muster up :french: :excited:
Thanks mate. It may drop another centimetre but I was aiming for an OEM look rather than slammed (I am in my 40s after all). Maybe a little more to come on the interior, wanted some (custom) recaros but worried my lardy arse will be too big for them. Sideskirts may look better once the splitter is on. They're not good value for money but they make it different, haven't seen a Gordini with them before.

Had a good chat with Andy who did my slave cylinder and other bits and previously worked for R Sport. He is trying to convince me not do too much to the engine and maybe stick to cams but we will see :smile: RS16 would be nice but I wouldn't want to sell the Gordini to buy it so we'll see. I believe the latest is they're 95% likely to make it so will need to make my mind up.

Reactions: sevenfourate
Looks bloody great that!!!

Don't forget the springs will probably settle a few mm more, before you go tweaking it further!