Fan speed setting 2 not working

Hi Guys,

Got in the car this morning and none of the air vents blow when the fan speed is set to number 2. Was working last night.

All work fine on 1,3 & 4 so not all bad news - but 2 is my standard setting at this time of year!

Any ideas what it might be as the motor is obviously still working?

Thanks

Almost definitely the heater blower resistor, it's almost always the culprit on any car for random loss of speed settings. £20 ish will get you a new/recon one.

Almost definitely the heater blower resistor, it's almost always the culprit on any car for random loss of speed settings. £20 ish will get you a new/recon one.

Thanks mate, any idea where this is located? Or is it a dash out job?

Common problem on Clio is the rear stat about £70 from Renault. On standard clios its dash up to run the motor wires over the heater box.
I have also had the connector melting requiring a new dash loom or cut and solder a second hand connector on.

I've no idea where it lives, but I have manuals, I'll have a search and let you know if I find it. It's normally at a ducting low point somewhere under the dash, I'll get back to you.

Has anyone found a fix for this? my number four stopped working. I'll fix it myself if I can, anyone got any ideas or had any luck sorting it?