Few strange noob questions: tow strap and roof bars

Yeah, I know, I should be asking about hubs/synchros or Quaife/Ferodo DS2500/Akrapovich, but it is so obvious )

So, first of all, how do I fit a front tow strap on RS200? I've tried to use search, but haven't managed to find the exact answer. Should I have a special bolt with the same thread like original tow hook? Then where do I find one?

Second, I'd like to be able to carry two bikes on the roof bars on clio(yes, that is nuts too, I know), but I don't want to have roof bars installed all the time. If I buy roof bars, would they be easily removable?

Roof racks/bars such as Thule come with lockable and removable feet. Might be a pain but if you're not using it everyday it would be alright. I'm thinking about getting one as I'm tired of playing the krypton factor getting two bikes in and out every time I go!

As far as tow straps go.. I'm sure you can get a bolt and chop the end off, fit the strap and lock it in place. I'm not sure on the M size... And someone will probably correct me!

welcome to the site :smile:firstly; are you doing track days to require a tow strap? or is it just for the looks? if its for the second...leave it lol. roof bars should be a simple fit, 10-15 minutes job

welcome to the site :smile:firstly; are you doing track days to require a tow strap? or is it just for the looks? if its for the second...leave it lol. roof bars should be a simple fit, 10-15 minutes job
Thanks =)
Yep, I'm doing trackdays and do not like to have original hook in front of my bumper

Regarding the roof bars, I'm a bit concerned about front mounting points under the rubber. Don't have an idea how quick mounting works there.

The original tow eye is very strong and easy to remove/re-fit. Wouldn't waste your money on a strap!
That is true. But usually, organizers require tow eye to be installed during track time, so I have to drive with it all the day. I defo can live with it, but prefer to have a strap always installed.
Actually, the reason I'm asking is that there are a lot of progress threads with tow straps already installed, but no info regarding how it was performed.

With the tow eye, you have to make up and chop your original tow
Eye and weld or bolt the strap to it. Then to fit it remove the front bumper, install then replace the bumper. Massive pain in the ass and even worse to do the rear

With the tow eye, you have to make up and chop your original tow
Eye and weld or bolt the strap to it. Then to fit it remove the front bumper, install then replace the bumper. Massive pain in the ass and even worse to do the rear
Got it, thanks. Maybe, original tow eye is not that bad :d

It's not that hard to do. Take it to any welder, metal fabrications place and tell them what you want. 5 minutes worth of work for them
This is mine, I had the original hoop taken off, a collar put on and a bolt on the end, and bobs ya uncle, fannys ya aunt.
You've got to get the hole in the strap drilled out a little too.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398454037.892016.jpg

Similar Thread Suggestions