Front wing grills

Didn't know whether it was 'Grille' or Grill'. But anyway, I've put my hand in the grill and I find that it's blocked off. Does it serve any purpose other than to look sporty?

Oh wow, jeeze that's total shyte. Any chance I can change the inside of the wheel arch so that it has holes in it or would it be completely pointless?

Are they not to vent hot air from the engine when driving? After a spirited drive and the radiator fan is on put your hand next to them

Are they not to vent hot air from the engine when driving? After a spirited drive and the radiator fan is on put your hand next to them
I thought this too. I'm sure you can feel heat coming out of them. Or at least I thought I could...

Defo feel heat especially after a trackday, I know 100% I have, drive long enough to get the fan spinning then check :smile:

Picture2.png
This is of course from marketing materials so it could just be fantasy. I know on the passenger side there's what seems to be a black plastic bag full of soundproofing behind the arch liner, this might be what made it feel like the vents were blocked off?

Joe

Oh wow. Thanks for shedding light. Haven't really got the time to rag it so much that a radiator comes on due to the roads being so small and busy around here. Track day will be completed in the next 5 months or so.

I can't imagine they do much. The engine is so compact I bet hardly any airflow goes on in there

Get your fan going and place your hand next to the vent, you'd be surprised how much hot air comes out I know I was, I Thot the same when I first got the car just Thot they were there for styling

Those vents definitely do vent things. Love em. In actual dinky dye fact, there's nothing fake about the whole car. Right from the diffuser to the asymmetrical front grill.

If you want a fake car, Focus RS. That thing (although looks awesome and probably drives great) makes me cringe. Fake side grills. Fake front grills. Fake diffuser. And next time you see one, have a look at the wing, it's a rectangle, not even producing downforce! 'Tis a Funny car