200: Frosty mornings inbound (possible stupid question)

As per title.....

Is there any way to go out in the morning and leave the car running a few mins to heat up and LOCK IT so I can go in and make a coffee etc?

I keep my key in my pocket all the time so am wondering can I lock it so that I'm not worried about it.

I have an open driveway and no garage so obviously don't want to leave it unattended and its tough to get it into gear when them winter mornings come...not to mention fucking freezing! lol

Think I tried locking from the button on the outside (with key in my pocket) while it was running and it wouldn't let me. I'm assuming incase you left the key in the car so you couldn't lock yourself out lol

Sent from my unknown using Tapatalk

I believe there's a way to do it on some other Renaults, but never tried it on the Clio.
IIRC - get in the car and start it as normal. With the driver's door open, press and hold the central locking button for 5 secs, then get out and close the door. Either press the button to lock, or it locks automatically, can't remember which.
@nutnutwelshman don't you have another Renault - does this work with yours?

Reactions: Roshi69
Ive just tried this and it works
Basically do the following:

Open car and whilst keeping the drivers door open and hold down the lock button for 5 secs, after this the doors will lock apart form the driver doors obviously.

After this put the key in the slot and start the engine as normal

Finally remove the key and take with you, shut the door and they will all be locked

The only way to get back in is by using the manual unlock on the passenger door

Do you have AC 230 electric available?
Block+Interior heater package is nice solution.
Windows are defrosted completely and car&engine is warm before you start it.

My english is not best, but here you have demo how it works. Engine heater element is located middle of engine block, water gallery. So when you turn it on, it boils water. It depends how cold weather is, but usually 1-2hours is more than enough. I have timing clock so heating starts each morning approx 4am, so when i start 6 am to work car is warm.

Price for this kind of setup is approx 300£ installed, including interior+engine heaters, and all necessary wiring.
It is totally designed for each car and insurance approved system.

We use these kind of heater solutions in Sweden, Norway and Finland. I dont see any problems why you cannot use also in UK.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Tree200 Gallery 12
lewisflintham Gallery 20
welshtom1990 General Chat 9
G Interior and Audio 9
M Gallery 17