Gearbox question

Jordanfaf

Winner - POTM November 2017, January 2018
I have a 2007 Model 197 with 128,000 kms on the clock, only had the car a few months and am noticing a strange tendency for the car to alsmot change gear itself (for lack of a better description)

From a standstill, if i accelerate reasonably hard in first gear, depress the clutch to change gear, and the moment i touch the gear stick it almost forcefully pops out of first and i pull it into second before it has a chance to go to neutral.

Only really happens occasionally under spirited acceleration on first to second and second to third pulls.

Is the gearbox or any part of the clutch goosed or should i get another few thousand kms out of it?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Mine had the tendency to do this until I had the lower engine mount and gearbox mount changed with powerflex ones.

Got to agree, change the mounts to powerflex.

Also be careful not to grind gears while changing with the mounts worn as you can stretch the cables, leading to additional costs.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

Mine does the same. It's very rare, but occasionally like you say it sort of throws itself forcefully out of gear while you're shifting.

I have the powerflex mounts, including gearbox mount and it still happens. It's quite rare though and I've put it down to yet another long list of Clio characteristics :smile: