Head Unit not playing CDs - dealer being an arse!

Hi all

I bought my '06 Clio a few months ago and the head unit spits cd's out when inserted. It was like this when I bought it and the dealer (independent not a renault yard) has agreed to fix it because it was an issue I was not informed off when I purchased it and therefore they are obliged to.

It's been back twice to get repaired and the supposedly "whizz" Renault tech cannot fix it and the dealer says the Renault dude is now stalling and not wanting to replace it.

I've suggested that the dealer just buy another Renault head unit but he reckons the Renault dude said they are all paired with the car and cannot just be replaced - this sounds very suspicious to me - is it correct?

I have the very distinct feeling it has been put in the "too hard" basket and this is a story to fob me off because there are not any easily available here in New Zealand. I really don't want an aftermarket one - just for aesthetic reasons.

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Libby

sounds like a fob off - not heard that they are paired to the car - the one in mine is quite a simple affair - keep at them!