Heavy Braking Noise

After heavy braking i am getting a noise wich sounds like my exhaust is barbaling or a flat tyre from the rear?. it cant be any of those so im left to belive its the brakes? although i cant check because this noise lasts about 30 seconds after heavy braking. possibly warped disks rubbing? help me out guys lol

Possibly pads sticking, common problem with these cars. They might need greasing.

Discs dont warp.

I beg to differ from Chris.

The front discs on my 197 warped and I had to replace them last year. A friend of mine has a 250 Megane and his rear discs are warped and he is replacing them this week, he is experiencing similar symptoms as you're describing.

Well this is it, it makes financial sense to try greasing and servicing the calipers before replacing anything. Give that a go first and see how you get on :smile:.

Do you have access to a DTI and with a magnetic based stand? If so jack the car up, take the wheel off, stick the magnetic stand onto something substantial that doesn't rotate then put the DTI against the disc and rotate the disc. The DTI will tell you if the disc is warped or not.

There's probably another easier way but I have used this method before on the back of a vauxhall chevette rally car as we need to fit vw corrado rear brakes.

Do you have access to a DTI and with a magnetic based stand? If so jack the car up, take the wheel off, stick the magnetic stand onto something substantial that doesn't rotate then put the DTI against the disc and rotate the disc. The DTI will tell you if the disc is warped or not.

There's probably another easier way but I have used this method before on the back of a vauxhall chevette rally car as we need to fit vw corrado rear brakes.

This is the argument with the article I linked though, as its saying that build up of brake pad fallout is the cause of uneven disk surface.

Anyhow, as mentioned by myself and Eddie, might be worth checking if your pads are seized first.

thanks all, im not a mechanic or even that way inclined so im useless really. i will take to my trusted mechanic and at least il sound like i know what im talking about now lol thanks[emoji106]

they need servicing every so often..works a treat..i did this to mine and never had any issues after that...