Help Please

Hi all,
I have just bought clio 197 yesterday and ive noticed one thing with it.when pressing gas pedal (even to the floor) it seems like i press clutch neutral left pedal?!after while car is kickin in whit power is this normal or dont tell me that i have bought Faulty car:worried:
When plugin in computer there are No error codes and i dont have anything wrong showing on dashboard

Rgds

Just wondering if there are any members near who could come and have a look? Does it happen in neutral, or could a passenger film you whilst driving as I'm not really sure I've heard of this issue before.

It happened when i press gas pedal instead of accelerating theres litle lag like ive press cluth then after while is going

It happened when i press gas pedal instead of accelerating theres litle lag like ive press cluth then after while is going

Sounds completely normal for these engines, they're well known for having a flat spot in the power delivery.

Hmmm, have you checked the MAP sensor is secure? You may need to be a paid member to view it here, but it's £5 well spent!

Just logged to forum today Ill think about it,thanks for quick help Guys .other question i will service car (plugs oil filters etc.)schould i use those recomended on halfords ,euro car parts,nyanza web sites or those from service book original ones or others are recomended?

Just logged to forum today Ill think about it,thanks for quick help Guys .other question i will service car (plugs oil filters etc.)schould i use those recomended on halfords ,euro car parts,nyanza web sites or those from service book original ones or others are recomended?

I personally use genuine parts from Renault Parts Direct.

should only be a "flat spot" when cold or jerkiness when cold...

if its as bad when hot there could be a reason for it....check all the easy/cheap bits first ie plugs ok?

I bought car as sugested online No modifications made,was watching one with k&on induction kit and changed exaust but i passed it (read that this my cause problems as it dont work properly?)not many were around my area with my price range unfortunetly was not able to get cup model but i want to take care of it and change everything in terms of service parts i checked 3rd and 4rth gear and it seems to be fine as i read is a common issue cambelt with pump was changed in service book (sugested as important thing)
Hopefully i will dont have problems with it as i always got bad luck when buying cars,my insurance rate is very high and there was No chance to get BMW or merc so i looked for older cheap hot hatch checked reviews online and by my suprise
Everywhre clio got best reviews fifth gear what car etc. Was always thinking golfs civics fords where best in this class checked insurance quotes and Clio was one of the cheapest from them all so i decided to go for it was scared when buying as im not rich and if something was wrong i will be in troubles but hoppefully everything will be fine and i Beacome happy 197 owner :smile:

Guy at work is having the same issue. Has been told it could be swivel joints or steering rack but it awaiting proper diagnosis. I'll let you know if I find out sooner.