Help with panel filters?

hey everyone, im thinking of getting a panel filter from ktec racing, which one is better choice, the ktec filter or the ITG filter? just wondering if anyone has one fitted? and could you tell me what effects they had on your cars? cheers!

i had the k-tec one on my 182 as i was told the itg was ****e on the 182 but on the 197 the itg is supposed to be the best ill be ordering mine asap lol

You really shouldnt believe everything people tell you. ITG are world renowned with filter development........... and have racing pedigree. Ktec are just middle men, and probably got some ling lang company in the far east to make them up @ 50P each.

so ITG is looking the better out the two if i do decide to get one. cheers for your feedback. has anyone got the ITG filter on their 200?

I have the ITG.

Noticed a slight increase in induction noise and even slighter increase in throttle response... Although that could just be a placebo effect from the noise hahaha!!! Also noticed a little bit of an increase in MPG, not that anybody with a Renaultsport takes much notice of that. :smile:

I have an ITG. I noticed it was a bit louder low-down, which was nice and as Ralphy stated camskill is the place to buy £40 delivered when I got mine - 50% cheaper than K-Tec

We have an ITG filter on the saxo.

It's very good but don't expect much from swapping just the filter element.

I also have an ITG panel in my 197. The noise is better, especially low down and throttle responce is slightly improved. But don't get me wrong, it's not even a small change, most people don't even notice a difference.

Someone should do a test next time they're at a rolling road.. one run with a NEW OEM unit.. one with a NEW ITG filter and see if the rollers can see any difference.

The school-boy mistake is to replace a manky old OEM filter with a spanking new aftermarket one.. surprise: the car runs better with a clean filter!

Rich

My car had been serviced only about 4000 miles before I changed it to the itg.

How many people clean their ITG's, not many i bet! Think of all that crap that they suck up in-between services. That sticks in the thick tar stuff thats impregnated into the foam, you cant flush this out properly imo.