Help with panel filters?

Someone should do a test next time they're at a rolling road.. one run with a NEW OEM unit.. one with a NEW ITG filter and see if the rollers can see any difference.

The school-boy mistake is to replace a manky old OEM filter with a spanking new aftermarket one.. surprise: the car runs better with a clean filter!

Rich

Redline did it with a ph1 172 and the panel filter made 2bhp more with performance panel filter over STD. The bmc closed induction kit lost 7bhp lol!

I fitted ITG to mine and noticed zero difference. It was a nightmare to clean too so swapped it for a K&N panel filter as they are easy to clean.

It's a shame I don't have a bench mark but am doing a Rolling road in a fortnightss time so will know what difference if any the ITG makes. Although it's been in for a year now.

no itg makes no difference at all, waste of money in the short term

only viable if you keep the car for more than 4 years as it saves you on service costs

I put an K&N filter in my last 200 and that worked pretty good. It did give me Better throttle response and Increased pull. Im not saying the results were like a remap, but the difference could be felt. I was really in tune with the car and there was no placebo effect involved.

We have done several filter tests on various cars and at best you'll see a couple of hp, the enclosed induction kits often lose power at least somewhere and some are a joke! One well known filter lost my megane 50hp, granted this was with the hybrid but even so....

My advice is only fit a panel filter if yours needs changing and not as a mod to chase power! Also stay away from the one fits all induction kit. Manufacturers spend millions on development, most filter companies wont spend even hundreds!

I agree about the induction kits ! They can be a total joke. When I changed my panel filter, it was more for just doing a cheap mod at the time. Nowt serious. I did notice a tiny gain but wernt expecting one. So to me it was a winner. But thinking that you are gonna gain massive hp from a panel filter is not what you should be thinking at all.