How can they be so different?

richandgem

Platinum Member
I've been doin a little experiment the last 2 weeks. I wanted to see how different the Clio's where on economy during my daily commute. My journey to work is only 7 miles and is a bit stop start round the outer ring of Leicester

Last week I drove the 197 like a granny and manage 30mpg. So far this week I've managed 36 from the 182 and I haven't been driving anywhere near as conservative.

How can 2 cars with the same engine be so different lol

I've been doin a little experiment the last 2 weeks. I wanted to see how different the Clio's where on economy during my daily commute. My journey to work is only 7 miles and is a bit stop start round the outer ring of Leicester

Last week I drove the 197 like a granny and manage 30mpg. So far this week I've managed 36 from the 182 and I haven't been driving anywhere near as conservative.

How can 2 cars with the same engine be so different lol

its not the same engine tho is it?? i mean the block might be but the internals and the ecu map are different?

Not the same engine but it's very similar. You definitely wouldn't expect such a massive difference

I agree though, the economy really isn't that good on the 197

is it to do with weight? tbh i'd kill for 30 since i had my work done ive been averaging 20 lol

is it to do with weight? tbh i'd kill for 30 since i had my work done ive been averaging 20 lol

I had to try really hard mate, I only get about 25 normally.

That's the other odd thing though, since fitting the cams deceit and having it remapped the 182 is just as economical if not more so lol

do u find ure aftermarket cams rev more freely?

The decat helps it rev a lot more lower down, the cams have changed it from 4.5k it goes mental at that point and revs so fast it's fierce lol when ur on cam u can hit the limiter very quickly

thought it might be the weight. yeah ive noticed that too. im waiting to have my zorst decatted again.

28 i usually get without fail, doesn't really bother me.

Higher MPG will be down to weight, it was the same with my Corsa D. The Corsa C used to be so much faster and better on fuel due to the weight differences.

lol u gt a rep for driving slow or sumat rich?

Oft

Woah! You finally went on cam??:wink:

Not quite, it's an ongoing joke between a load of us. A load of friends have megs so we are constantly taking the mic out of each other. I obviously think boost is ****e and for lazy people and catcams are for real drivers lol.
In return I get loads back about how long the Clio revs for and how long it takes to come on cam