How do you remove door handle sensors??

CallorFold

Platinum Member
Clio has annoying issue that the drivers side door doesn't unlock with keyless entry.

Passenger side and boot are fine, both lock and unlock. Drivers door lock button also works fine.

presumably this narrows the issue down to the little black sensor only?

I was was under the impression this had a cover over it, and the sensor was inside the door? I wanted to try removing the cover and giving it a wiggle / poke to see if this made any difference. I tried prising it off but it didn't seem to want to let go so to avoid breaking something I figured I'd ask here... Any ideas?

Pic here for reference;

14w4lxc.jpg

that's only a "window" you can see

you have to strip the door down remove the outer handle and then drill out a rivet to get the assembly off...theres a few posts from me somewhere on here about it

that's only a "window" you can see

you have to strip the door down remove the outer handle and then drill out a rivet to get the assembly off...theres a few posts from me somewhere on here about it

Thanks [MENTION=29]foxspeed[/MENTION], yeah I've seen a few threads in the how to for taking the door card and everything off - looks like an absolute nightmare haha. If there's no chance of doing anything from the outside, i'll make do using the key fob :rain: