How loud?

I'm planning to make a replacement back box for my 200 that does away with any silencing. I can weld/fabricate etc. Will use straight ss pipe to run from the mid section to one of the rear diffuser outlets and support accordingly. Call it a back box delete, if you will.

The centre box and cats etc will be retained.

Does anybody know how loud it will end up being? More than 98dB ?

My main driver for doing this is weight, the back box appears to be huge.

Should I go ahead, or abandon the idea?

No rear silencer will be insanely loud put please do it for epic pops and bangs

It will be unbearable after 5 mins though I'm sure

Bet its over 98dB but bet its nuts!give it a go you only live once:wink:

If your wanting to save a bit more weight why not do it like the oreca single run through system

It will definitely be louder than 98db but if you get this made I'll have one too, the Meg engine is too quiet plus the Miltek silencers do my head in when they rattle.

Back box deletes only really work on turbo'd cars. The clio will be silly loud without one...but my mates R26 sounds sweet without one.

When i had my exhaust done. They started her up without any silencers on. My god was it loud. Even idle was redonculous.
Wont be much quieter retaining the center I wouldnt have thought. Gunna b a bit too much removin the back box i think.

I have one small silencer after the cat then straight through pipe right the way....it's pretty loud :wink:

Agree with Marshall

Reason being is the turbo cancels out some of the noise as it acts as a surpressor

I'm not sure how loud mine is, but it's a straight pipe from the pre cat to the backbox and it doesn't half scream! :smiley:

Iv heard n/a cars such as saxos and corsas with a backbox delete and I wasn't too keen on it

I love a loud exhaust but i do laugh when its on a car without the speed to back it up, like a saxo

Last edited: