How many of you will be putting your cars to bed over the winter ?????

Year round for me too. Added bonus is I have use of the company van when I want when it's bad weather, can't clean Windows in the snow! (Unless your a idiot) the caddy goes anywhere with snow tyres, Dare say it's better than our old Navara!!

But the clio will get the usual before winter protection process then dolly daisy driving for however long.......

Bought a 2001 fiesta to use over winter, hated driving the clio last year past gritters and all the road salt.

mine is a daily and havent used it in the snow yet!
how does the clio manage in snow and cold conditions? my c2 was ****e, maybe because it was too light and twitchy.

I found the Clio ok in the snow, although with the wider tyres it can be fun...

a few years ago when we had the bad snow our whole street was snowed in quite bad. After 3 days I was the first to venture out, after that everyone got their cars out. A neighbour then told me that he saw me and thought that if I could get my car out then anyone could. Lol

sounds promising lol, i dont have any other wheels so i don't think i will be changing for winter tyres. i may reconsider this after the first few months of winter :tongueout:

sounds promising lol, i dont have any other wheels so i don't think i will be changing for winter tyres. i may reconsider this after the first few months of winter :tongueout:

I went though winter on some Federal 595 RSR's and they far exceeded expectation.

There ok to drive in the snow but the ice there not to clever.Mine aint to bad as the 30mph wife drives it :wink:

All year job for me too. Old wheels on just in case.
anyone know how the conti 3's handle in the snow/ice?

Without meaning to sound like a pikey down at the local Maccy D's, use the hand brake.

Or should I say learn to use it in moderation in the appropriate circumstance, I don't mean while doing 30mph down the road but the biggest issue I had was manoeuvring at low to crawling speeds. Locking the rear wheel briefly or temporarily when you're sat on top of snow/ice with little to no traction can really help get the car to pivot more around the rear end.

Also if you get stuck going forward, try reversing, works much better.

Did last year ok on re050's but could be interesting now I've moved on re070's, if it gets to bad may try a couple of winters on the front!