IanRS200 GW 200 Cup

How do,

Thought I best start a project thread as got a few things in the pipeline.

I bought my 200 in Jan 2013 after owning a VXR Arctic Corsa (for 3 weeks until the head gasket went). I started looking for stuff to do to it as soon as I bought it and after 5 months I plucked up the courage to get a scorpion cat back.

Ended up getting a great deal and being on the scorpion stand for FCS 13. After getting RR'ed there and running 192bhp I decided it was time to get a ITG Maxogen, which smoggy mark kindly sorted out!

Anyway, here is how she stands

12049001454_2a7ceb5eaa_c.jpgLightPainting by IanBestPhotography, on Flickr

12049004324_4b7c73e308_c.jpglightpaint11 by IanBestPhotography, on Flickr

9958519843_659ed2ee0c_c.jpgAir freshener by IanBestPhotography, on Flickr

9958066934_409f2b1e41_c.jpgClio Side by IanBestPhotography, on Flickr

9958086836_e483649592_c.jpgBrembo by IanBestPhotography, on Flickr

Pretty standard from the outside... but not for long :smiley:

Just waiting on a message back about purchasing some Spax RSX, so they will be on before this years FCS. Also in contact with a guy about having a matte black roof and getting my sidestrips colour coded to match the GW.

There's a possibility of also getting my dash flocked but sadly the guy can't fit me in before FCS so that will have to come after!

More pics after this weekend if I manage to sort these coilovers!

also thanks to [MENTION=1272]Fernandez[/MENTION] for putting up with all the questions I have had to ask ha.

Oh I really need to learn proper car photography.

Nice snaps! The car is looking super and the coilies are a must :wink:

Any shots of the itg fitted? Iv just ordered one for my cup packed 200.

Spax rsx coilovers instead of cup suspension? Don't you find the cup pack already supurb?

I eouldnt dare date touch the cup suspension, it's hailed as one of the best handling hot hatches out there. Do the Spax offer better performance or is this just to look better/lower?

Any shots of the itg fitted? Iv just ordered one for my cup packed 200.

Spax rsx coilovers instead of cup suspension? Don't you find the cup pack already supurb?

I eouldnt dare date touch the cup suspension, it's hailed as one of the best handling hot hatches out there. Do the Spax offer better performance or is this just to look better/lower?

Im not using Spax but ive found coilovers to be absolutely incredible in improving the handling. I have mine set so they are quite hard but they are still just as comfortable as a std cup setup. Turn in s a lot sharper with no body roll.

The cup set up for a standard road car is very good and as you say probably one of the best out there but it can be improved upon massively.

Thanks everyone! No pictures of the ITG fitted I'm afraid as it's tucked down the back of the battery at the minute! I should be getting a Varley soon though so it can sit nicely on top.

As for the Spax, I've read a lot about coilovers over the last week or so that I've been seriously considering them, as well as improving the looks (imho) by lowering the car it seems that the vast majority of people who fit them, in fact all of the people who fit them say there is an improvement, surely everyone can't be wrong ha.

As soon as I manage to get them fitted I'll add it all into here and write up a quick review between standard cup suspension and the RSX set up. Not sure on what dampening settings I'll use yet as it probably won't be used on track. (Hopefully get some input from the knowledgeable guys on here about how to set them up for the best fast road use)

After looking at the pictures, the next thing I would do is get rid of the 'TYFOON' tyres for some decent ones!

After looking at the pictures, the next thing I would do is get rid of the 'TYFOON' tyres for some decent ones!

I was waiting for someone to spot that hahaha!

Was a bad month money wise and I got a puncture so I just lashed a part worn on haha!

Looking good matey!!some nice mods to go on:thumbup:Give me a shout when you are doing the maxogen varley redtop mod and i will chuck you some pic's.

Very nice Ian, great photography skills too. :smile: I'll be interested to hear your take on the Spax coilovers, I'm debating weather to purchase some or save up for some KW V3's

Cheers everyone!

So I went a little bit crazy yesterday, ordered myself a scorpion decat to go with my non res catback as well as ordering my spax RSX, both should be here tuesday all being well and should be fitted next weekend so I'll post some pictures/ a vid of the decat up :smile:

pop pop pop pop bang :thumbup: