is there a de-cat available for standard exhaust system?

IIRC The k tec de cat can be fitted to the OEM system.

i havent got a clue what it sounds like though.

Wudnt bother with decat u lose to much back pressure on standard engine. Remove first silencer to get more noise

Yes there is one avaliable, ktr offer one and they occassionally pop up on ebay too. Expect to pay around £50 IIRC.

All norm aspirated engines require back pressure from the exhaust to help with ignition etc. U fit decat to standard engine it drinks fuel and u get huge flat spot. Trust me I did it.

If you match it with a well designed exhaust and a proper tailor made dyno remap results can be found.

The flatspot can be mapped out and you'll gain some top end bhp in trade for a little midrange torque, all depends on how you drive it i suppose.

yeah expensive though to see a 3 -4 bhp gain lol. if u run cams, matched inlets and a proper high flow exhaust (decat) with a map u can gain 15 bhp

im sorry woody mate but i disagree there.

if your car is drinking fuel when its de catted there is something wrong there matey.

google pulse tuning, its far more advanced than "back pressure"

Lambda senses a change in exhaust gas so overfuels the engine? Back pressure is present on all n/a road cars mate.

remove the center silencer

massive noise, sounds mad ive had mine removed for nearly 3 years now

do bother with that decat bull

If it was turbo u could put straight pipe through to back it would be epic but track regs are often 92 - 95db at 10 ft so cutting the silencer out would ruin that for deffo.

I hate track noise regulations, not that I like stupidly loud exhausts but it's rubbish when you turn up to a track day and the car is one or two decibels over the limit then your not allowed the race for the day.

It's strict because the government would close the track if not. Most of them are within 10 miles of residential areas and I'm sure I wudnt like it if they were running straight through pipes 10 months of the year lol

could anyone post a pic of the silencer? and any other solution of getting rid of the decat flat spot other than a remap?

I know woody, it would be a nightmare living close to a race track, I can't imagine Its the most peaceful of places anyway.

Decat flatspot is low end torque loss needs mapping out it's the only way sounds great thgh

im sorry woody mate but i disagree there.

if your car is drinking fuel when its de catted there is something wrong there matey.

google pulse tuning, its far more advanced than "back pressure"

I'd have to admit theres truth in what Woody says. I experienced a 4 mpg drop when fitting the decat.

that goes against the laws of physics mate. CBA explaining it in full but the long story short is;

the less restrictions have through an exhaust system, the less you have to rev your car to maintain the same speed as you would with a restrictive exhaust thus causing you not to use as much fuel.

for example, with exhaust restrictions you could be in 4th gear @ 3500 rpm @ 40 mph

or with no restrictions you could be in 4th gear @ 3000 rpm @ 40mph

thus saving fuel.

one of the many random things wayne at chipwizards tought me. so in effect your economy should improve somewhat.