just a feeler really . . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
i got a duff set that were made from a bad batch of steel it sounds. warped in a month. everyone elses on here are fine so I got a replacement set and a free set of pads. yeah £500 cus they are a new set im selling . . . . . not gunna give them away am I???

Given the warranty isn't transferrable and no matter how few miles they've done, theyre still "used"... unless you're talking in the region of 350 I'd rather buy new. Sorry.

Modding cars is a waste of money at times and it sucks.

modding cars is good but when it comes to resale its pants!
but mike, woody is selling brand new set that by the sounds of it havent been on the car, so yes they r new!

of corse there is, u would ring ktec up and sort it out with them, sure woddy would give u a copy of the recpt?

I'll put my neck on the line and say there's a 99.9% chance they'd tell me to jog on. Receipt or not.

I don't want to be seen to be causing offence here, get a mod to delete my posts and Woody can advertise as he sees fit. I don't want them.

Last edited:
lol ive got good new for everyone . . .. . the modding will continue on my 197 as the Scirroco just doesnt float my boat anymore.

Mike the disks were brand new and ktec have amazing customer service. probably wudve given u warranty from my receipt but doesnt matter anyways they are back on the car now bedding in a new set of EBC reds that i got for free . . . . £111 that i was going to give away mike. Don't take offence but u wont get a better offer than that ever.

Cool.

Firstly I'm glad you're keeping the car, to sell it and take a hit on the mods without having a great deal of time/enjoyment out of them didn't make sense. Plus you'd have noticed shortcomings on the Rocco and ended up ploughing money into remaps, brakes etc on that costing you even more dead money.

Regarding the brakes, you need to brush up on consumer law a bit. Unless a warranty is specifically transferrable, then the contract only exists between you the purchaser and K-Tec - I'd not have a leg to stand on and would only be going on their goodwill should they choose to give it. That's far too much of a risk to take given you've no way of knowing if these are the same as the faulty batch.

The potential warranty issue was why I pulled out, I hope you understand my point of view.

Oh and I wouldn't be paid to use EBC pads, I thought I said earlier I didn't want them? So that was no sweetener at all from my perspective.

Right, enough said now - enjoy the car some more!!

no problem mate. they are an expensive piece of kit and I understand where u are coming from.

EBC redstuff are the dogs danglies proven to stop faster than most other pads on the market and dont eat disks. . . . bare that in mind

ive not got any bike at the moment im doing a direct access next week CBT saturday 10 while 4, theory monday, tuesday module 1, friday module 2 . . . . i hope lol

ive not got any bike at the moment im doing a direct access next week CBT saturday 10 while 4, theory monday, tuesday module 1, friday module 2 . . . . i hope lol

thats what i did and the first bike was the R1 sales man did not want to sell it to me hahaha

no problem mate. they are an expensive piece of kit and I understand where u are coming from.

EBC redstuff are the dogs danglies proven to stop faster than most other pads on the market and dont eat disks. . . . bare that in mind

I've used them, I wasn't just internet spouting.

1st session the pedal went from useless at cold and wooden to long and wooden as the pad compressed.
2nd session they crumbled like a week old muffin, actually fell apart in lumps when I removed them. Good job I took some spares.

I don't know anyone who rates them. Yellows are bearable if you're on a budget and discs are very cheap.

Pagid RS29s are my favourite, I rate Carbotech XP8s, Performance Friction 97's and CL RC6s too (not on cheap/soft discs though). They're more expensive, but they last typically 2-3 times longer than cheap s***.

Basically I like any compound that can cope with sustained abuse without falling apart or cooking and leeching clay/resin causing judder... like DS2500s for example.

Take a walk down any paddock and see what people are using, it won't be EBC reds.

I'm not being an arse with you here, I'm just trying to save you lunching a set of discs if the pads go off and score them to bits. Keep and eye on them. :thumbup:

u mustve had a dodgy break set up then if ure breaks are falling to bits "not getting rid of heat fast enough" i had my original brake disks glowing the other week with EBC reds in and they didnt give up.

I do a heck of a lot of research before I buy anything and I can be sure I am running alot more power through my front wheels than a standard 197.

spongy pedal . . . . crap brake lines that expand when they get to hot nothing to do with the pad. therefore I have braided lines fron the master cylinder to individual calipers not cheap kits that have 4 sections of braided pipes

Dot 5.1 fluid changed every 12 months meens ure fluid wont boil even when battering it.

standard disks and uprated pads no point disks get too hot and warp crack anyways.

Pagid are rubbish unless ure driving a porsche, carbotech no name, PF no name, carbon lorraine too hard eat disks

if ure paying £250 a set of rotors ud stick with ebc ceramic.

If EBC fall apart on me ill post on here

my brakes wud put me through the windscreen if i touched to hard on the peddle so I like them just the way they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.