KW V1 or V3 for clio 200 60 reg

Hey all

Just wondering what people would recomend for me to use on the clio. Its a 60 reg and I've been reading it had a different top mount to the previous one is this correct?

Also what to go for V1 or V3's? It will be for road use only as I have a dedicated track car already :smile:

Thanks,

Rich

Road use only I'd suggest the v1s as your never gonna use the fully adjustability of the V3s.

I'm ordering H&R coilovers for my 200 tomorrow, cany wait.

100% V1's. The V3's are ott for just road use, and will cost more to setup etc. I've been in a few cars with the V1's, and it's an outstanding setup for road use.

So much so, I'm having a set fitted soon.

100% V1's. The V3's are ott for just road use, and will cost more to setup etc. I've been in a few cars with the V1's, and it's an outstanding setup for road use.

Seems to be the in thing a the mo, getting coilovers.

Ahh! Sort of missed the road use bit :cloud9:

Didn't you have a set a while back but never fitted them?

i had v1's on mine! great balance tbh for fast road/trackdays/daily driving ,definitely wldnt go for v3's if its a daily drive and not gonna see the track.. if was to buy coilovers again, ide probs give AST's ago

( im sure some one will correct me if im wrong) believe KW sell topmounts in one of the packages. think there called clubsports? :S may be wrong! been a while since ive been on there site

Flu sport are track suspension something you would put on a track car. v3's are amazing you have the choice of a soft ride if you want it for tootling along on road or hard and stiff for ultimate handling on track

Thanks for all the responses. The V1's sound great but I don't know if I want the adjustability of the V3's incase I find the V1's too hard or soft. I've read on this clubsport kit but it's around £1900 and has no warranty as it is intended for motorsport use only.

Thanks I'll trying and find some threads and have a think. Will be ordering on pay day :smiley:

Thanks for all the responses. The V1's sound great but I don't know if I want the adjustability of the V3's incase I find the V1's too hard or soft. I've read on this clubsport kit but it's around £1900 and has no warranty as it is intended for motorsport use only.

Thanks I'll trying and find some threads and have a think. Will be ordering on pay day :smiley:

You have 200 Cup suspension at present correct? The difference in the "bumpiness" of the V1s and the 200 Cup chassis (Not 197 cup chassis) are minimal. You wont notice much difference tbh. Hence why I went for the slightly stiffer (Bumpier) H&Rs.

You have 200 Cup suspension at present correct? The difference in the "bumpiness" of the V1s and the 200 Cup chassis (Not 197 cup chassis) are minimal. You wont notice much difference tbh. Hence why I went for the slightly stiffer (Bumpier) H&Rs.

Cheers, in which case I'd probably want to go down the V3 route so I could make it stiffer. Also just got a price back on the clubsport setup from KW which sounds quite good so I may go down that route as adjustable top mounts would be nice just to get a good geometry setup. Just incase I did track it...

Cheers, in which case I'd probably want to go down the V3 route so I could make it stiffer. Also just got a price back on the clubsport setup from KW which sounds quite good so I may go down that route as adjustable top mounts would be nice just to get a good geometry setup. Just incase I did track it...

Seems a lot of money for a road car though. Id only consider that setupif the car was used primarily as a track car?

Very true that. Shame as it would be ideal but £1500 + vat for the clubsport kit is very expensive. I'll probably end up with the V1's.

V1's are a great upgrade. As Noddie said not massively different to cup suspension but definitely different enough. I Personally wouldn't go any stiffer as it feels so raily already now.

And the difference in ride height speaks volumes if you want it to :wink:

Where are you based? There may well be someone near you with V1's so you could have a ride in a car before deciding?

Based in Essex don't know of any with coilies on round here.

V1's are a great upgrade. As Noddie said not massively different to cup suspension but definitely different enough. I Personally wouldn't go any stiffer as it feels so raily already now.

And the difference in ride height speaks volumes if you want it to :wink:

Yeah it's th stance I like as it's a clio cup so should look like it!