L33th3tr33's Ultra red 197

the thing is that there are always new upgrades to spend you hard earned cash on..hope you get it where you want it to be and then we can arrange a track day with more members from here..
In all honesty I'm quite underwhelmed with the parts available for the mk3, when I had my 172 cup there were more parts than I could keep up with, but that was IMO in it's prime. (2/3 years ago) I'm sure there will be more things to come when the mk3s get more affordable to the scrotes but in the meantime we have to be creative, especially if you want to stand out. I feel most clios look pretty much the same with a few exceptions, not in a bad way as I love the mk3 shape but it would be nice to have a few more options out there in terms of customization. Saying that I feel the cars on here are a cut above the rest, some of the stuff the facebook groups do are shocking, which is why I only use them for parts.

Happy days, good effort that!

sure it will pay off in the long run :smiley:
Fingers crossed, yes! It's always nice to overcome the little niggles that can take away from the overall driving experience of a car.

@l33th3tr33 ... can't remember in which thread i promised you the weights of the braid wheels, so i'll post it in here. can't give you the weight of a 8X17 ET55 wheel, but i did ask and my 'wheelman' promised to get back to me, once he got an answer from braid. my wheel is a 7X17 ET47 and it weighs 9.2KG. that's 1.5KG more than a 8X17 ET55 ultraleggera, so quiet hefty. but those braid wheels are really strong wheels (they get used in rallyX). that is, unless you (like me) do something really stupid like attacking a concrete sausage roll at eighty miles an hour.

@l33th3tr33 ... can't remember in which thread i promised you the weights of the braid wheels, so i'll post it in here. can't give you the weight of a 8X17 ET55 wheel, but i did ask and my 'wheelman' promised to get back to me, once he got an answer from braid. my wheel is a 7X17 ET47 and it weighs 9.2KG. that's 1.5KG more than a 8X17 ET55 ultraleggera, so quiet hefty. but those braid wheels are really strong wheels (they get used in rallyX). that is, unless you (like me) do something really stupid like attacking a concrete sausage roll at eighty miles an hour.
Really appreciate that, I'm thinking that very light wheels might not be suitable due to the rough roads round here so they might be perfect, thanks!

Reactions: peter
I decided to get my snowfoam out for the first time with this car, and remembered why I don't bother with it. Such a pain dragging out hoses and leads, dragging a pressure washer around the car.... think I'll retire the snowfoam, not worth the hassle.
After that I gave the car a good scrub and tried out my new silverback XL drying towel.... what a beast! The thing soaked everything up and was still dry when I finished!! Very impressed.
My mate convinced me to get the DA out while I had the extension lead set up so I started on the roof to see how much correction is needed. The answer, A LOT! After about 4 passes with a fairly heavy compound it's got the worst of the swirls out but the sun had passed by the time I'd moved on, and I only managed to do half the roof with the heavy compound. I decided to give the car half a chance against the recent crap weather and quickly passed over the whole car with a final stage polish and then a glaze/sealant just to add a little protection. So once that was done I went over the glass with rain-x and tidied the tyres while I was there.
After standing back to admire the little bit of a shine I'd added with a cuppa I helped my mate out with his rear wiper delete on his flamer, the plastic was too far gone to be saved with C4 so we decided to paint it. After a long bake under some heat we fitted that, tidied up, tools away and as I was closing the toolbox my lovely Hermes delivery lady turned up with one of my parcels.....
So toolbox back open, luckily I only needed a knife and tape measure. After a few measurements and re-learning how to do simple math a few cuts were made and I had myself a boot carpet!
By this time it was dark and I realised I didn't get any pics of the car being clean but managed to get one of the carpet....

ebda4112d5dc35faa843d1a0c6fd10c1.jpg

Not a bad way to spend a tenner!

I guess this could be counted as a present for Clarence jr seeing as today it's her 100th birthday!
d6e3efcd2109d7f5510103767ab1484b.jpg

I almost missed it tick over, which I did for my first clio, so today has been a good day!

More to come...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

more to come pls..looking forward to some detailed photos...
I'll make sure I get some tomorrow if the weather is good! The carpet was literally just cut in place with a stanley knife so it's not the tidiest but I'm not willing to spend nearly £100 on a bit of carpet.

Carpet / boot looks tidy mate. Nowt to be ashamed of there !

I agree on the snow-foaming mallarky. I was'dubious' before buying a pressure washer as i could imagine the hassle. Now i know !

Do you have a link to the drying towel buddy ? Sounds awesome.........

good job on the carpet fitting..i wouldnt spend that kind of money either..good thinking again Lee...

Carpet / boot looks tidy mate. Nowt to be ashamed of there !

I agree on the snow-foaming mallarky. I was'dubious' before buying a pressure washer as i could imagine the hassle. Now i know !

Do you have a link to the drying towel buddy ? Sounds awesome.........
To be honest I was eager to try it out when I had the 172.... 3 years ago! Maybe on a nice summers day or when it's really really mucky will I consider using it again, but once I've used what's left of the foam I won't be buying again.

again, I was dubious about spending so much on a towel, I've just used the £4 ones from asda but my god what a difference!
the cheapest place I found it was ebay, the silver back XL - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Liquid-El...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

And if you want to see it against all the other competitiors - here's a long winded but very informative video.
Part 1 -
Part 2 -

good job on the carpet fitting..i wouldnt spend that kind of money either..good thinking again Lee...
Thanks Pav, I've always begrudged paying over the odds for anything, especially something so simple as this.
For anyone wanting to know what I used.... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAR-CARPE...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648
I also have probably enough left over to replace a standard boot mat, plus more.

Shit that towel looks good!

Toying with doing the same with my boot if the rear bench does come out, don't fancy spending mega money on a mat that will do the same job...

Shit that towel looks good!

Toying with doing the same with my boot if the rear bench does come out, don't fancy spending mega money on a mat that will do the same job...
It really is, definitely one to at least try!
The stuff I've got has a grippy backing, while still being a thin(ish) carpet it really is worth every penny.
Does look a good towel that, good reviews on some other eBay links also!
It's not even been broken in properly yet, so I can't wait til it's at it's best!

Does look good. I'd prefer something that was equally good as a wiper not just as a patter though. However bad my practice might be.....
Mate, I'm not 'patting' a towel no matter how good it is, I don't have the patience for that, let alone am I being caught dead doing that in public. It's just as good as a wiper imo.

Got a long awaited package through today, some proper threaded eye bolts!

53d91a9ce4813fb393f3a5e00743b3fb.jpg
e8d17db23fca1728365a2deb25f417e3.jpg

Managed to tidy up the harnesses once fitted and it's looking a lot tidier now.....

2baf39fa1dec90241b5545568a73ba3a.jpg

And of course with the new phone I had to try out the camera.....

This was taken with good light, middle of the day....

20139f1f514854980d0c81f3020bad0a.jpg

And this one was taken after it started to get dark. I'm so impressed with the low light quality!

23ee85d89d6cc86101ce3758885f41bc.jpg

All in all, a brilliant day. Had a play with my mates flamer yet again, and have a nice job planned for mine tomorrow! [emoji6]

Oh and I got some decent washer jets that fan instead of dribble.

067faf22a8277e58aabd7e274758f147.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk