Ladybower Res

Paul

Platinum Member
It has been a while since I have posted any pics so after a late start I decided to head into the Peaks to try and get some photos for this months POTM. I just want to see what everyone thinks is most appropriate before deciding upon one to enter. Anyways, thanks for looking...

P1050851HDR.jpg

P1050865.jpg

1. See my car does get mucky.....
P1050842Up.jpg

P1050892.jpg

P1050894.jpg

P1050895.jpg

P1050898.jpg

P1050917.jpg

7. My personal favourite
P1050913.jpg

As always comments, criticism and advice welcome :smile:

good pics :tongueout:roud:

should have borrowed gaz's camera dogging pole for a few height shots :001_rolleyes:

Thanks everyone. The next lot of pics should be taken with a brand new camera when I finally get round to buying it!

good pics :tongueout:roud:

should have borrowed gaz's camera dogging pole for a few height shots :001_rolleyes:

LMAO yeah I need to get myself one of those - I can think of a thousand uses for it haha!

Yes Gaz it was mighty cold while walking around, I think the next time I am back down there it needs to be in the summer. Last time it was glorious sunshine and we did the whole 15miles around all of the reservoirs - not this time lol! :rain:

No one should come up here with out giving me a shout first :tongueout:

If you go up on a sunday night, you can have a good blast to the top of howden res if you go straight on at the roundabout where it says road closed :smile:

Only ever walked halfway round it, some good roads hidden not too far from there :wink:

Get the last one entered for the photo comp, you have my vote on that one :smile:

No one should come up here with out giving me a shout first :tongueout:

If you go up on a sunday night, you can have a good blast to the top of howden res if you go straight on at the roundabout where it says road closed :smile:

Sorry mate I honestly didn't realise it was your area! Will do in the future don't worry mate, would be good to meet up.

Yeah I was very tempted to pop up anyways, it was very quiet only thing that stopped me was a 'landslide' sign which I didn't know if it was genuine or not. Didn't fancy getting a red face and having to turn round halfway along. :oops:

Nice pics where was the last shot taken? Looks like a good location around the water :smile:

The last one was in the first car park along the side of Ladybower. When you turn off Snakes Pass towards Derwent Dam and the visitor centre it is on the right, after the first cattle grid. I may have to pop down mid-week and get a better position when it is even quieter.

Only ever walked halfway round it, some good roads hidden not too far from there :wink:

Get the last one entered for the photo comp, you have my vote on that one :smile:

Yeah I stumbled upon Strines (I think) when I took a detour on the way there. Had some fun but I had no idea where the road was going lol!

lol the strines are quiet tricky, plus there bamford moor and then roads out to chatsworth house and beyond you could go for miles on twisty if you know where to look lol

This the one?

Damn that view is amazing, I love the area around Ladybower whatever time of year it always looks so good.

I'm thinking that spot alone requires a gathering :tongueout: