Little mishap at Bedford - oops

Took the Clio for a "Spin" at Bedford last night. Thought I'd share my mistake. I'd done a load of laps running up to this but got my approach slightly wrong with a little too much entry speed. The rear snapped away and that was it...

Arms certainly ached afterwards :lol:

The person in the red Clio certainly got a good view!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ8bqr__juk

Cheers

Good effort mate, thought you were going to save that at one point!!!

I loved the ''sorry'' too with the hand whilst you were still mid-spin, nicely done!!! :smiley:

That was mint, fair play. Def thought you were going to catch it

Who did you book through? Was it one of the evening sessions?? Looking to get on a couple soon

I loved the ''sorry'' too with the hand whilst you were still mid-spin, nicely done!!! :smiley:

Thanks mate - yeah, initially I thought I'd got it but should have planted the throttle to drive through it. I've done Bedford quite a few times and this was the first time I'd messed up there. Amazing how spins go on forever in slow motion...

I expect the Clio driver had a grin on their face - I was too dizzy to notice :smile:

That was mint, fair play. Def thought you were going to catch it

Who did you book through? Was it one of the evening sessions?? Looking to get on a couple soon

Yep - Bedford evening booked through Renaultsport, very well organised and been on 3 now. Great turnout of 265 trophies there (sorry no piccies).

Cheers

Was a great evening! I left cos it rained early tho coz my 888's just gave me no grip :worried: def doing the next one there in August!

Was a great evening! I left cos it rained early tho coz my 888's just gave me no grip :worried: def doing the next one there in August!

Agree was great - miserable weather and cold though, hopefully August will be warmer (crossing everything). My R1Rs are shot. Grip out of the first corner was interesting.

Cheers

Probably its juste me, or maybe you know, or it isnt about that all. But to mee it seems youre goin into a corner with too much speed and back on the Throttle too soon very often. I think you could snatch some bits of time here and there and it would do big bits about the smoothness of your driving :wink:

Right, now Flame me :smiley:

Won't flame you - your opinion :smile:

Agree I was too quick into that corner, that's why I had the spin. It's just a timing thing getting the lock/throttle just right and this comes with lots of practice :smile:

Looked good to me until you dropped it. That was scary as a video viewer! I bet the UR 197 driver bricked it lol.

Liked the courteous 'sorry' hand signal too. Good attempts at trying to save it though!

i also bailed when the rain came, no insurance so i thought i'd quit whilst i was ahead.

the instructor had me on 2 wheels! and shouted for me to floor it lol and also into the second to last when the puddle caught me out and i backed off, flooring just pulled it back instantly.

i had one off at the tight right to left before the main straight. i slammed on when for 3rd to slow me but hit 5th and thought turn in and spin or slow it down as best possible and take to the grass slowly, i chose the latter leaving some nice marks into the grass lol.

only other moment was hammering out of the pits into turn one and finding i'd cooked the brakes and having none!!! i then went onto to one out lap, 3 flying and one cooling and never left the hand brake on.

great day and can't wait for bedford in august.

Looked good to me until you dropped it. That was scary as a video viewer! I bet the UR 197 driver bricked it lol.

The spin went on forever at the time but watching the video, happened much faster. :smiley: Car and driver unshaken :smiley:

There was a silver meg with a sucker cam mount he stuck on the bonnet.