Looking at things you shouldn't...

As much as I love my Clio, I can't help but look at other cars I could swap for. Tonight I've been looking at Z4 3.0i. You can get them from £6.5k which seems good value to me. My last car was a convertible (MR2 Mk3) and I miss being able to put the roof down after a long day at work and listen to the burbling de-cat exhaust as I drive into the sun with the wind in my hair :smile:pinky:smile:. The Z4 gets similar mpg to the Clio but is faster in a straight line, although not round the bends. By next weekend I'll be back to looking at 350Z, Monaro and S2000 again.

I can't be the only one to do this?

I think im famous for this on here mate. In the past 4 years i've nearly swapped my car in for an S2000, Civic Type R, Integra DC5, Megane 250 and my latest obsession a 350Z.

Didnt realise Monaros were that cheap?

I think im famous for this on here mate. In the past 4 years i've nearly swapped my car in for an S2000, Civic Type R, Integra DC5, Megane 250 and my latest obsession a 350Z.

Didnt realise Monaros were that cheap?

Monaros are about £7k upwards. Mpg is shocking though, and rear tyres don't last long.

If it was as simple as swapping cars with someone I think I'd have probably swapped by now. Luckily, the hassle of selling/buying and it being my only car mean it's not quite that simple!

I've also thought about buying an old 320d E36 for about £1k for a work hack, which would allow me to £7k to spend on a TVR or kit car. Again I always bottle it...

What did you make of the S2000? I test drove one, it wasn't quite as quick as I hoped it would be, and the insurance is horrific, but I am still drawn to them massively.