low battery

Just wondered if anyone has come across this before.I just purchased my 197 sport,now and then the car beeps and the low battery light comes on and the red stop light,the guy who i bought it off said he thought it needed a new alternator but after speaking to someone at renault he was told it was the keycard and something to do with the signal,any ideas what it could be ?:tongueout:anic:

Renault told me that there is a rechargable battery in the key card as well as the replacable one.
They said you should put the card in the slot e every now and then for some trips to recharge it.

thankyou,i did replace the battery today but if theres a rechargable one as well thats prob it as the guy who i bought it off said he didnt bother using the slot he just kept the card in his pocket !

Mine comes up with low battery all the time on the satnav in the car, i dont know what this means, nowts died so i think it's lying! stupid french ****! lol

Renault told me that there is a rechargable battery in the key card as well as the replacable one.
They said you should put the card in the slot e every now and then for some trips to recharge it.

Theres no pysical electrical connections on the keycard though? So how is it supposed to charge the battery? Also it only mentions having a button cell?

Mine comes up with low battery all the time on the satnav in the car, i dont know what this means, nowts died so i think it's lying! stupid french ****! lol

Do you have Bluetooth? Mine does that when the phone is low on juice.

Theres no pysical electrical connections on the keycard though? So how is it supposed to charge the battery? Also it only mentions having a button cell?

The same way that an electric toothbrush recharges I would imagine

i do have bluetooth yes,if i pull over and stop the engine then start it again its fine n the light goes out,somedays it does it a couple of times other days it might do it once,think im gonna take it into renault as yesterday the 'check airbag' light come on !!!

just start putting your card in the slot, alot of people on here have had the same problems, after putting the card in the slot a few times, no problems since, i fink the rechargable one is for the signal in the card and the replaceable one for the buttons. when the rechargable one is propper dead your car will struggle to start.