Luke_197 Progress thread

some serious plans for the future..you'd better get some pillows on your bucket seats..or you tushie will be bloody sore :smiley:
ok thanks..which adjustable polybushes ??have you got a link??

thats what im looking at atm..kamracing..
is it these??
Blistein
thanks

Yes mate, I think the Meg conversion could be on the cards too. [emoji4] any plans for yours then?

Haha no way mate I find bucket seats super comfy. More comfy than some standard seats, they are just a bit restrictive at times.

Yeah sure these are the ones. http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=4994&catid=&appid=3&pic=34ab94fa6f17a4546eae50a78d614cd99.jpg
It's worth doing the "front and rear wishbone bushes". Just go for the ones with adjustable camber. You can buy the rear wishbone bushes with adjustable castor but I don't thinks it is really necessary, I have it on mine, but it near on impossible to adjust with out taking the suspension apart so kinda pointless. Only good point is it come with anti lift which is nice.

Those are the ones, see what I mean, they are a bargain from Kam racing.

Last edited:
a meg conversion??sounds even more tempting...nice..
well i've been looking to get the suspension upgraded in the 1st place and then probably a remap..no big plans as yours...

thanks very much and enjoy your beast

Nice to see the car in person today. I wasn't a fan of OZ alloys but now want a set!

48782F82-7686-4E65-8372-05E5B4CDC0B8_zpspmv8phqm.gif

My god that looks stunning! Wish my RB 197 looked half as good!

Springs/Coilovers and spacers totally transform the Clio stance and OZ's look fantastic.

Only just seen this post guys, thanks for all the love. [emoji4][emoji1360]
[MENTION=53102]DS197[/MENTION] saw your lovely 197 mate, would have had a chat with you but wasn't sure who you where haha. May have converted you to oz wheels. :wink:

The clio looks mint mate, sits perfectly. You doing the conversion yourself? If you are I'm only down the road to give a hand :smile:

Haha please don't tempt me mate, I'm trying not to spend too much money on the Clio right now as I'm saving for a house deposit. Not planning on getting rid of the Clio though so it will be on the job list for the future so will give you a shout. :smile:

My god that looks stunning! Wish my RB 197 looked half as good!

Springs/Coilovers and spacers totally transform the Clio stance and OZ's look fantastic.

Thanks bud, your 197 looks fantastic. Some springs and spacer will perfect it's look, just remember some say that the spacers can upset the handling. [emoji4][emoji1360]

Only just seen this post guys, thanks for all the love. [emoji4][emoji1360]
@DS197 saw your lovely 197 mate, would have had a chat with you but wasn't sure who you where haha. May have converted you to oz wheels. :wink:
haha no worries mate :smile: I'd only come back from looking at the cars towards the front when I spotted you were leaving and took a quick pic. I'm already on the hunt for some wheels now :smiley:

Bucket seat update and more!!! :smiley: Its been a long while since I've done a proper update so hear we go. Here's what's in store:

- Track day talk
- More detailing
- Silverstone session
- CORBEAU pro series Bucket seat and Sabelt ultralight harnesses installed.
- Recaros sold
- More weight saving!
- Single seater race car. :wink:

Plans for the near future:

- Second bucket seat
- MORE weight saving
- Solid camber top mounts
- Linear spring conversion for coilovers or upgrade to AST's.
- TOYO R888's all round

Right so to kick things off, a crazy 5 months ago I took the Clio on its first track day. I chose Bedford, as its a pretty forgiving track. Officially one of the best days of my life. Here's some snaps.

1b26eb39f961ac64f61236fbeda4ff1b.jpg

Sealed my wheels in c5, cleaned my arches and sealed in c4.
23d89a0bda912e59e6b129a203e0d5b5.jpg
0899926dbc76c09ca05ad7427d89b0a1.jpg
Shiny

Also bought a second smaller Bigfoot mini to polish up the hard to get places.

Hit Silverstone on a damp track at the piston heads meet. Mr e92 m3 was surprised a little N/A Clio could keep up, the damp clearly did not favour RWD boys.

I started to think like this at the beginning of the year....
b37830fafbffb4176642e9a304a3af9c.jpg
Then I followed my heart a bought this >:smile: It's a Corbeau pro series FIA approved seat. One downside is the material quality is not as good as I was expecting, but function over form you know! :smile:
d841835a0145951fc8aa156a5fc5a2a1.jpg

Bit of weight saving before fitting.
8777c85d97036996ad3d6964659b2280.jpg
This is my eye line so you can get an idea of the height I sit at now.
59087a98515735e03be9369c690861bc.jpg

Bye beautiful looking but heavy and unsupportive recaros [emoji24]
febb30ff7ec7c1de0947ba05c864ccb3.jpg

Hello racing seat >:smile: THE CAR IS TRANSFORMED! Holds me in so well now, the seating position is near on perfect and there's a weight saving of 15kg. Also Sabelt 3" ultralight harnesses fitted. They are so damn comfy to use compared to the OMP 2" harnesses. Very happy!
0ff52b5d180c021f83ac18204518d691.jpg

Fitted using, the Ktec sparco/oreca subframe. Hats off to Ktec this is a damn good subframe, lines the seat up perfectly with the steering wheel, it great value and is really light weight. OMP taller side mounts where also used. I feel the taller one where unnessesary as I have the seat on the 2nd to lowest height setting.
49241ec22597bb9e4b6ff0e1727951d1.jpg
My beautiful recaros went up for sale yesterday and sold within hours. The buyer collected this morning. I will miss these beauty's but they just do not cut the mustard on track days, I found myself flopping around in the seat and as many of you know they sit far too high.
af67b3bc1b07d85b7c710c8694f39473.jpg

This left me in a predicament. No passenger seat. The Clio has gone to race car mode. [emoji848]the new seat and harness will be ordered tomorrow.
3d31f2e04d6b895f4cb9303d5c1fb751.jpg
1d72643b6c4b26ff77adcf152c2e2a37.jpg

Last edited:
clio looks brilliant, luke. i like how the billie springs almost match the body colour. :smile:

great pics Luke..bet you loved your track day..Bedford looks like a cracking track..
just a quickie..does your car pass MOT with no rear wiper??thinking of getting rid of mine..

Last edited:
Lovely looking seat , surprised to hear the records aren't that supportive though.
great pics Luke..bet you loved your track day..Bedford looks like a cracking track..
just a quickie..does your car passes MOT with no rear wiper??thinking of getting rid of mine..
Rear wiper delete is fine [MENTION=41063]Pav[/MENTION], rear wiper isn't part of the MOT