Luke_197 Progress thread

clio looks brilliant, luke. i like how the billie springs almost match the body colour. :smile:

I know mate, it's like they where made for the car. [emoji23]my linear Springs that I'm looking to upgrade to are yellow though, NOOOOOO!

great pics Luke..bet you loved your track day..Bedford looks like a cracking track..
just a quickie..does your car pass MOT with no rear wiper??thinking of getting rid of mine..

Thanks Pav, Bedford was brilliant, I'm defiantly going back one day.

You'll be fine mate, I have passed two mots with no rear wiper. I don't think it's a legal requirement.

Lovely looking seat , surprised to hear the records aren't that supportive though.

Rear wiper delete is fine [MENTION=41063]Pav[/MENTION], rear wiper isn't part of the MOT

Thanks mate, the recaro are supportive to a certain extent but once on track you start to notice yourself moving around in quite a lot and also I wasn't keen on the higher you sit at. Still the recaros are brilliant seats, very comfy and they look fantastic.

What a progress, well done! Remove that bloody radio and the speakers as well, another way to save weight :wink:

Haha not sure I could be without a radio mate, but the rear speakers may go soon. My aim is go as lightweight as I can with a few comforts, ie heater, dash door cards, and radio must stay, I'm going on the hunt for more sound deadening. >:smile: and a lightweight battery is defiantly on the cards. Maybe even plexi glass. [emoji12]

Little update.

The second bucket seat is finally in, only took 2 months for oreca/sparco to send out the subframe! [emoji51] but she's in. Have also fitted my old OMP harness as well as left the original seat belt in place.
b164eb114bebcaf1070f55475dca2933.jpg

Next job was to fit the lightweight battery, went for a varley 15, which weights just 5.5kg. That around half the standard battery weight. [emoji41]
This also gave me room to relocated my ITG maxogen, with a less restrictive samco 90 degree intake hose. I gave the filter and throttle body a clean out whilst everything was apart. There's a small difference, feels like it pulls a little harder and the noise is awesome, you can hear the air entering the air box now that's it's pointing more toward the front of the car. Thing also stay a lot cooler now.
1a665ceb3fcce818f31c562a0e1b29dc.jpg

Next on the list is a manifold, cold air feed and a remap. Going to head to RS tuning in 2 weeks. Then we can see how strong or weak this N/A engine is. :smile:

http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?19407-Luke_197-Progress-thread/page21

Nice one mate, I'm a bit skeptical with these small batteries, do you use the car every day or just on the weekends?

Nice one mate, I'm a bit skeptical with these small batteries, do you use the car every day or just on the weekends?

@Yiannis I was a bit worried, I use my car every day and do a 6 miles to work and 6 miles back, but so far so good. Cranking power is better than the standard battery, when I stop the car I just assure I switch off all electrics, but considering mine is the light cup model, I don't have much else in the car that use power other than lights, fan, heater and stereo. I think it will be fine mate but will report back if I have any issues. :smile: