Madeno progressive bumpstops (photo)

These are the bumpstops Madeno recommend with their lowering kits. They are progressive and should, according to Madeno, give better control and less bind at max travel than the originals do.

They look very small to me and they seem very hard. What do you think compared to the originals?

Attachments

• Madeno Bumpstops.jpg
    Madeno Bumpstops.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 31
They look ok to me.

On our Abarth 500 when you fit a lower suspesion kit its recomended to change them to Fiat Coupe bump stops which are used on a wide range of Fiat groups cars.

They arent much different from them.

Thanks. I trust Madeno and will fit these. I thought I'd post to see what people think and perhaps hear from someone who's running them. I thought it would be a good starting point for a discussion on bumpstops which are hardly ever mentioned here despite all the talk about stance, lowering and suspension options. Am I missing something ore are bumpstops not considered as important on the Clio as on other performance cars?

Well most on here have changed the full set up to a coilovers which as you'll know come with new smaller bump stops so its never really been a hot topic.

The Clio's are pretty high at the back anyway so a regular lowering spring should bring the height down to the height of a fully loaded car (5 persons) on standard springs ? Im sure the car would have been tested at that weight as standard so the standard bump stops might be suffice if the cars lowered and only going to carry the driver and one passenger.

But if Madeno are saying otherwise and for the small cost Id change them. After experiencing our Abarth 500 hitting the rear bump stops and becoming unsettled its a must.