Megane gearbox

Did some searching but couldn't find if anyone had tried this? Would love the longer ratios, LSD and extra strength. Will it fit the 197 lump?

i think the mounts are different from what ive read about put a megane lump into a clio.

The whole transmission has a different linkage. I looked into this too sean :smile:

The whole transmission has a different linkage. I looked into this too sean :smile:

We need this gearbox to fit! Getting a linkage plate made wouldn't be too hard would it? Should get it designed, could be profitable in the future.

Got my wires crossed on the linkage plate, i was thinking of something else. There's one for sale near me anyway so i'm going to buy it and see how different it is.

cant be that different surely at the clio gear box will fit on the megane engine, so the megane gear box must fit on the clio engine?

wonder if it would be worth getting the megane linkage as well and sort of make one to fit out of the two :confused1:

be very interesting to see how it goes :thumbup1:

wonder if it would be worth getting the megane linkage as well and sort of make one to fit out of the two :confused1:

be very interesting to see how it goes :thumbup1:

That is the Megane linkage. I think this is also the same box they use in the 1.9dci

Sean I'm sure I read somewhere that the meggy box is longer and won't fit the Clio, and that was one of the main reasons for not using it.

I could be talking complete bull though mate lol

Sean I'm sure I read somewhere that the meggy box is longer and won't fit the Clio, and that was one of the main reasons for not using it.

I could be talking complete bull though mate lol

It wouldn't suprise me, it does look slightly longer. Could someone please check how much room i've got to play with?

It wouldn't suprise me, it does look slightly longer. Could someone please check how much room i've got to play with?

Ill have a look for you tomorrow afternoon mate. cars on jacks as the exhaust is making a blowing noise