Micah's Deep Black 200

Comedian, mechanic and stating your suspicions in one subliminal post. Very clever Mes :smile:

Seriously: looks like it almost restricted. No urgency, no go and sounds flat as pancake.....defo not right. Its not even close to 'normal' IMO.

Cant believe you havn't got warning lights on its so far removed from what it should be.

Best of luck buddy. Sure they'll sort you out. Just a case of how and when !

Ha! Thought it was too cheesy, then posted it and read it back and thought I'd got away with it.

And Micah, as I also said on the phone, me being me would be thinking about getting a second opinion. Engine Dynamics isn't a million miles away.

Reactions: sevenfourate
Cheers guys, at least I'm not going mad. It's too far for me to get a second opinion and I'd give the guys at TT the chance to rectify it. Funnily enough, Terry was saying how they'd always rectify their own mistakes as they really value their reputation - glad he brought it up when I dropped the car off and were shooting the breeze about stuff.
I feel much calmer about it all now I've had you guys see it. Just annoyed about Sunday, but at least I can get my rear discs and pads on.
Such is life!

hope you get it sorted soon..so the timing is off then??

Could be, though not discounting anything else that may have gone wrong in the process of the belts being done, these things do happen I guess.

Car going in tomorrow at 11 for them to test drive. I don't know why it's more apparent at higher speeds, but I'm thinking that with the lightweight crank pulley, it should be even more responsive in the lower gears at least, which is probably why it doesn't feel any different 1st to 3rd.
Might get a second opinion from @Steve Murr if he's about tomorrow morning?

Yep

We will have a drive tomorrow. Feel it out.

If it was running well / fine before belt change it can only be as a result of belt change or an extreme unlucky fluke !
What petrols in it - hope shell !

Reactions: Jimmy and ///M
Really sorry to hear this Micah, and that it's caused you to miss out on Sunday. The positive side of it is that you can take the car back to TT and hopefully they will rectify the issue. As said above, mistakes do happen and nobody is perfect, but as long as it can be put back to how it was, then I'm sure it can be overlooked.

And if it's any consolation, I know exactly how you feel when you say that there always seems to be some caveat with things that get done to the cars - I've experienced it with the Clio, including currently, and it is frustrating. As I said earlier, it does affect enjoyment of the car and adds to the general paranoia!!

Yep

We will have a drive tomorrow. Feel it out.

If it was running well / fine before belt change it can only be as a result of belt change or an extreme unlucky fluke !
What petrols in it - hope shell !

Only Tesco's finest Steve! I wince at their prices, let alone a litre of V-Power!
Drove the same on the old tank of fuel and last night's top up, and never let it fall below a quarter of a tank.

Took the car to Steve Murr this morning for him to drive and give his thoughts - confirmed exactly what I thought, then we popped out in the Raider and the difference in acceleration past ~3k revs was night and day. After talking figures on the Raider, I popped up the road to Two Techs.
Terry was only really able to spare me half an hour but turned into over an hour of his attention. He plugged the laptop in and Clip threw up a DF080 Camshaft Shifter Circuit 1DEF fault. He cleared it then we went on a drive with the laptop connected and it threw the fault as soon as he went into the VVT range. He removed the solenoid, cleaned it, tested it and all was working fine which now means the timing is absolutely at fault. So now we have two scenarios:
The belts were fitted incorrectly, or;
The dephaser pulley is faulty
I have no choice but to have them investigate. If it's the first option, happy days, if the second, then this is where it gets tricky:
When it was done, turned over twice and put back together, the dephaser could have then done what it's not meant to and chucked everything out by a whole or half a tooth. If they take it all apart again, realign and re-assemble, the moment they turn it over, the dephaser could do it's thing again and end up in this situation again. That's 3 hours labour to pay for, and the repeat to fit another pulley. I would have to then raise it with ALS Performance who I got the kit from and argue the pulley is faulty, and I'm not sure where they stand with Renault and issuing me with a new pulley?
I'm not sure if I'm prepared to have that conversation with ALS until TT tell me what they've found, else I'm just going to get really stressed out for the whole week as they can't fit me in until Monday the 10th.
So, all in all, a bit of a stressful situation with no definitive outcome for the next 9 days :neutral:
Sorry if I've got the technical info wrong, I'm not overly mechanically minded so not sure if it makes sense - Terry was doing his best to explain it all to me.

I'm so sorry that you've got all this going on Micah, I really do feel for you :worried: having to wait 9 days is a total ballache on top of all that. Neither is a good scenario, but if it is the belts that have been done wrong, will TT cover the costs of having to do it again? I realise it's potentially a moot point, as it could be either scenario, but just trying to find some positives in there for you buddy.

Not much to say is there.......other than i'm 'gutted' for you Micah.

Time will tell i guess. Hang tough buddy.....

I'm so sorry that you've got all this going on Micah, I really do feel for you :worried: having to wait 9 days is a total ballache on top of all that. Neither is a good scenario, but if it is the belts that have been done wrong, will TT cover the costs of having to do it again? I realise it's potentially a moot point, as it could be either scenario, but just trying to find some positives in there for you buddy.

Yes, they will do it all at their own cost if they're at fault. However, having put a post up on the Facebook CSOC page (not mentioning TT, as could be detrimental to their trade), a friend of the guy who does my other work on the car said he had his belts done and he was supplied with a faulty pulley but was picked up before fitting, somehow. If this is common then I'm looking at this being the issue, and is the more believable of the 2 options, sadly.

Yes, they will do it all at their own cost if they're at fault. However, having put a post up on the Facebook CSOC page (not mentioning TT, as could be detrimental to their trade), a friend of the guy who does my other work on the car said he had his belts done and he was supplied with a faulty pulley but was picked up before fitting, somehow. If this is common then I'm looking at this being the issue, and is the more believable of the 2 options, sadly.

Quite worrying really if there is a fault with the pulleys being supplied... potentially quite a number of cars could end up being affected like this.

I really hope you can get it all sorted Micah, and I hope you won't be stressing and worrying too much about it all.

Quite worrying really if there is a fault with the pulleys being supplied... potentially quite a number of cars could end up being affected like this.

I really hope you can get it all sorted Micah, and I hope you won't be stressing and worrying too much about it all.

Thanks - not how I wanted to be spending my 1,000th post! :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: ///M
Micah, I must admit I was worried where this was going to end up and either way isn't great at all.

Just got everything crossed that it's all sorted out as smoothly and painlessly as possible for you. Feel for ya mate.

Very very very best of luck.

Either way, you'll get it sorted one way or another eventually mate, hang in there.

Rough scenario you've got into there Micah. Feel for you buddy.

Very pleased you haven't got into the whole blame game thing. Too early to be certain.

Hope the days fly past and you're back rolling soon

Rough scenario you've got into there Micah. Feel for you buddy.

Very pleased you haven't got into the whole blame game thing. Too early to be certain.

Hope the days fly past and you're back rolling soon

Cheers Ben. Even if TT were in the wrong, I still wouldn't have anything bad to say about them. Terry has been top banana with all this and I'm starting to think it's a faulty part than anything.

Reactions: Big Ben and ///M
ohh what a rubbish situation to be in Micah..i wouldnt know myself what to do..guess if you want to keep your car,then fixing it is the way to go..
can you not get a new pulley just to stay on the safe side??9 days isnt that bad..look at me-8 weeks now :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: