Micah's Deep Black 200

Good result with the MOT Micah! 50% off too, bonus!

Shame you couldn't get to the bottom of the exhaust noise though... Is it really that bad that you'd consider removing it? That would be a real shame. I've noticed that my N/S tail pipe is sitting very slightly against the diffuser causing a vibration sometimes on idle.

There's also a noise that sounds like a loose screw/very rapid rattling or something - but only happens between 2-3k revs under moderate-high acceleration... Ruins tunnel bwaaarrrpps :worried:

sometimes the difuser's heat shield can get a bit loose..mine did that so my mechanic worked his magic and no more rattle....

Reactions: Jimmy
No clio is complete without its rattles/buzzes!

I still need to do that easy fix where the seatbelt adjuster is mounted, drives me mad!
Aside from that, the heat shield in the diffuser is mounted pretty tight so no major issues at speed - I'm sorry it's ruining your tunnel fun @Jimmy

I still need to do that easy fix where the seatbelt adjuster is mounted, drives me mad!
Aside from that, the heat shield in the diffuser is mounted pretty tight so no major issues at speed - I'm sorry it's ruining your tunnel fun @Jimmy

Thanks dude. I think I need to get the diffuser off at some point and have a poke around it to see if there is anything loose. It's not the end of the world, but it seems like nothing goes smoothly :weary:

Thanks dude. I think I need to get the diffuser off at some point and have a poke around it to see if there is anything loose. It's not the end of the world, but it seems like nothing goes smoothly :weary:

It's dead easy to get it off, just a 13mm socket for the underneath and a torx screwdriver (can't remember the size now) for the corners nearest to the bumper. If I can do it, so can you!

It's dead easy to get it off, just a 13mm socket for the underneath and a torx screwdriver (can't remember the size now) for the corners nearest to the bumper. If I can do it, so can you!

Yeah I'd happily give it a go, I only currently have the standard jack so I'm a little wary working underneath the car when that's all there is supporting it. A cheeky borrow of a friend's trolley and axle stands might be in order...

Reactions: Pav
Yeah I'd happily give it a go, I only currently have the standard jack so I'm a little wary working underneath the car when that's all there is supporting it. A cheeky borrow of a friend's trolley and axle stands might be in order...

You can do it without the jack, even with the car lowered, like mine is!

as above Jimmy..you dont need to jack your car up..i never do when taking my difuser off,and you know i had to do that a lot in the past :poke:

You can do it without the jack, even with the car lowered, like mine is!
as above Jimmy..you dont need to jack your car up..i never do when taking my difuser off,and you know i had to do that a lot in the past :poke:

OK guys, thanks for the tip. I figured it would be necessary as it would give you a bit more room. Less distance for the diffuser to fall onto my face if I don't jack it up though I suppose :grimacing:

As per a different thread on here the Scorpion has been removed and the OEM system put back on. Wow, what a difference! I do miss the burble on the upshift but at 70 it's like night and day - was able to hold a conversation at 70 tonight! It does feel like I'm in a generic car though, so bittersweet really.
On to my next project, I bought what I considered a bargain last summer - 2 x front callipers for £130 from a Megane, and 2 x rear callipers from a 200 for £40! Mental...
I actually unboxed the Brembo's today and am now going to end up having them shot blasted for free by my mate who does all the work on the car, and he will recon them all using the kits you find on eBay - then over to me for a bit of primer, paint and lacquer! Quite excited about it :smile:
thumb_IMG_6688_1024.jpg

Reactions: Sean197
As per a different thread on here the Scorpion has been removed and the OEM system put back on. Wow, what a difference! I do miss the burble on the upshift but at 70 it's like night and day - was able to hold a conversation at 70 tonight! It does feel like I'm in a generic car though, so bittersweet really.
On to my next project, I bought what I considered a bargain last summer - 2 x front callipers for £130 from a Megane, and 2 x rear callipers from a 200 for £40! Mental...
I actually unboxed the Brembo's today and am now going to end up having them shot blasted for free by my mate who does all the work on the car, and he will recon them all using the kits you find on eBay - then over to me for a bit of primer, paint and lacquer! Quite excited about it :smile:
thumb_IMG_6688_1024.jpg

Recon them with new seals etc Micah ? Got a link to one of the kits buddy for reference ?

thumb_IMG_6688_1024.jpg
Great deal wish i could find rear calipers for £40 bargain

Last edited:
That is a great price for a pair of rear calipers! Looking forward to seeing the outcome!

Such a shame you sold the Scorpion in the end Micah, but I totally see why you did in the end. I'm not looking forward to my next motorway trip with mine, but thankfully they're few and far between, so I can live with it.

Reactions: Pav
That is a great price for a pair of rear calipers! Looking forward to seeing the outcome!

Such a shame you sold the Scorpion in the end Micah, but I totally see why you did in the end. I'm not looking forward to my next motorway trip with mine, but thankfully they're few and far between, so I can live with it.

Cheers Jimmy - driving it now is so pedestrian :worried: - maybe I need to find something to give it more noise from the other end?
Scorpion is still for sale, loads of people tagging their mates on the Facebook groups but nothing coming of it. To be fair, I'm in no rush to sell it so won't be accepting silly offers.

Reactions: Rob Knox
Great little project there mate. Good result on the prices AND getting the work done by your mate. Top stuff.