Micah's Deep Black 200

What could this be?
46cc7c563cd2a5b9a6ba5309a138bd05.jpg
After dropping off my calipers to my mate who fixes my car yesterday, he gave me some tips on fitting the rear spacers. Armed with extreme confidence this afternoon, I tackled this UTTER BASTARD of a job. I removed the caliper carrier and thought 'wow, these 4 hub bolts are going to be a doddle to remove!'
Talk about limited clearance, coupled with the fact the Incredible Hulk had been in Dieppe the day car was built. I almost gave up, those bolts were taking forever to come out and not showing any signs of easing up anytime soon. I only kept going because they were as hard to tighten as they were to loosen. Anyway, I'm a tenacious individual and I soon prevailed. Fitting was a doddle and soon had them on!
3bdaa3d1a3b06203668868fb8b34ec2f.jpg
I couldn't believe I had been able to do both sides, I'd actually hit myself in the face at least 4 times and not sure how I didn't damage the bodywork along the way. My neighbour asked me why I didn't just take it to the garage. I told him because I like the sense of achievement (must be a sadist also!)
So the front spacers were obviously a doddle UNTIL I realised I'd been sent the wrong locking wheel bolt key from sixonetwo. Therefore not all bolts are on the front, but I wanted to see how it looks with its new stance. I won't be driving it until next weekend so have all week for sixonetwo to sort out their error!
Before
72dee4d1ad5b9097218fdfba91815e58.jpg
After
5f9eb3ac7127431fbf46d8f7ea96b040.jpg
All in all, really pleased I managed to persevere and get it all (mostly) done today. 3.5 hours and feel like I've pulled every damn muscle in my body! Once it gets washed and I take some decent pictures, I'm sure I'll feel pretty damn good about it!

What could this be?
After dropping off my calipers to my mate who fixes my car yesterday, he gave me some tips on fitting the rear spacers. Armed with extreme confidence this afternoon, I tackled this UTTER BASTARD of a job. I removed the caliper carrier and thought 'wow, these 4 hub bolts are going to be a doddle to remove!'
Talk about limited clearance, coupled with the fact the Incredible Hulk had been in Dieppe the day car was built. I almost gave up, those bolts were taking forever to come out and not showing any signs of easing up anytime soon. I only kept going because they were as hard to tighten as they were to loosen. Anyway, I'm a tenacious individual and I soon prevailed. Fitting was a doddle and soon had them on!
I couldn't believe I had been able to do both sides, I'd actually hit myself in the face at least 4 times and not sure how I didn't damage the bodywork along the way. My neighbour asked me why I didn't just take it to the garage. I told him because I like the sense of achievement (must be a sadist also!)
So the front spacers were obviously a doddle UNTIL I realised I'd been sent the wrong locking wheel bolt key from sixonetwo. Therefore not all bolts are on the front, but I wanted to see how it looks with its new stance. I won't be driving it until next weekend so have all week for sixonetwo to sort out their error!
Before
After
All in all, really pleased I managed to persevere and get it all (mostly) done today. 3.5 hours and feel like I've pulled every damn muscle in my body! Once it gets washed and I take some decent pictures, I'm sure I'll feel pretty damn good about it!
Some job satisfaction right there bud!

Kudos for the hands on approach.

Car looks ace with the new stance

Reactions: Micah
Good work Micah, and kudos to you for persevering and getting it done yourself! No pain, no spacer gain! Looking great!

What could this be?
Before
After

ABSOLUTELY AWESOME Micah !!! Very well done you....

Happy with the look. Enough of a difference without being OTT ?

***Can i per-chase the Pure Motorsports sticker from you :smile:

ABSOLUTELY AWESOME Micah !!! Very well done you....

Happy with the look. Enough of a difference without being OTT ?

***Can i per-chase the Pure Motorsports sticker from you :smile:

Cheers matey! It's subtle enough for me, and am pleased I went with the stub axle spacer option - had no idea they existed until you mentioned it!
PM me your address, no charge necessary :smile:

Reactions: sevenfourate
Nice one Micah. Looks excellent mate. Amazing what a difference a few mm make huh?

Good on you for tackling it yourself too. First sign of trouble and I'd have given up!

Nice one Micah. Looks excellent mate. Amazing what a difference a few mm make huh?

Good on you for tackling it yourself too. First sign of trouble and I'd have given up!

Cheers, though I can't see much difference in the pictures. Thing is, I know it's wider and that's all that matters.
Just make sure I don't buy OZ's as I'll have to take them off again!

Cheers, though I can't see much difference in the pictures. Thing is, I know it's wider and that's all that matters.
Just make sure I don't buy OZ's as I'll have to take them off again!

It's not the best angle for showing it off mate, but look at the rears in the before and after, it's clear as day. Looks SO much better!

As for the OZs, I promise to be of absolutely no help what so ever there!

It's not the best angle for showing it off mate, but look at the rears in the before and after, it's clear as day. Looks SO much better!

This.

Im running same as you Micah; as you well know.

And whatever the camera says - you know as well as i do in reality the difference is plain to see.

Whens the test drive ?

@sevenfourate exactly mate. You could spend ages trying to get pics that just about show it off but it's nothing compared to how much more purposeful and mean the car looks in the flesh.

Reactions: Pav
And here's another little teaser of a work in progress :wink:
95d400b8c2faf3d59436aa2a4780b28a.jpg
81214f668034467fba13081477e498df.jpg
Need to make my mind up on colour AGAIN!

Reactions: Gordini
Anthracite :smile: All day - every day.

And you are ON IT Micah !

Good to see......

Ha! Yeah, I feel I've been spunking money like a City Trader this past week - then again the calipers were bought last summer and the shot blasting isn't costing me anything, only the refurb kits and cans of primer, 'X' colour paint and lacquer.
The wheels are anthracite so not sure if it would be a bit too grey behind the wheels. May even go a nice metallic silver?
Have also made a sneaky little purchase which will be unveiled in due course. Clue - under £150...

Reactions: sevenfourate