Morning

Not an owner yet but thought I would come and have a lurk. Thinking of buying a 197 cup as my brother is selling his and I'll obviously get the family price haha

warmest welcome ive had from any forum. had a good read and already ant to go out and tinker, but wont be mine for a few months haha. i am going out to check the scuttle today though, even if it isnt mine yet lol

No brainer indeed.

Really bored this afternoon as I'm off work on leave.....the car was just sat there and I know my brothers never had the scuttle off so I thought I'd whip it off and have a look. Glad I did, and even my brother was shocked at the amount of water on the drive way just from the drivers side. There was probably two pints or more of water!! all sorted now. Lots of poking and wiggling with a bit of wire, followed by a few litres of boiling water and its all sorted. Passenger side was spotless but where the water has been pooling for so long on the drivers side there was so much gunk. One less job for when I take the car on and it cured my boredom.

Spotted that the front bumper has a few patches where it looks like a power washer has taken the paint off, but luckily all in one spot. Maybe just get the patch blown over? or better to do the whole bumper? similar prices? Any way, thats months in the future. For the minute all I can really do is make a shopping list lol

Last edited:
curious of the experts opinion on price etc. Brothers car is a 197 Cup in Nimbus silver/grey. Black alloys (not the speedlines) and the rest is totally standard. No Recaros or Air con. 42000 miles. cam belt done. Brand new clutch (friction plate, pressure plate etc and even master cyclinder) 12 months ticket, said he would tax it and also have it detailed for me. All for £5600. good deal? seems to be. but figured id ask the pros.