mot advisory.

mot today ,given a dvisory for a tyre worn close to ligal limit .just had a look 5 mil .

Last edited:
Ignore him, sounds like an idiot.

I took a digital tyre guage with me to my last MOT as I knew the rear tyres were very low but legal and was suspecting issues. I checked them before going in for the test (different system here in northern Ireland with government run and staffed mot centers) and they were 1.62mm on the drivers side and 1.64mm on the passenger side. Not one word was said to me. They were replaced 3 days later after I was paid, Bridgestone Potenzas for a Focus ST ain't cheap.

mot today ,given a dvisory for a tyre worn close to ligal limit .just had a look 5 mil .

only checked in one position?

need three readings round the circumferance and across the tread for a more accurate reading....could also be a flat spot?

Shoulders can be as worn as you like so long as the central three quarters has a minimum of 1.6mm and there is no carcass or cord exposed.

went back today to see manager,cars back in on monday for a new mot wot he called the tec wos a f.... c... hopfully no advisory.

Its advising you to watch the wear rate i guess? I had the same on my rear tyre at 3mm. Thats closer to the limit then it is from new depth.. if that makes sense ie 8mm new 1.6mm limit.