my car mat came close to killing me :-(

dropped a mate off at a club on sat night. and as i drove off gave it a lil bit of stink cuz people i knew wanted to hear the engin etc... my a peddle hit the floor got caughted under my floor mat. a renault sport one!
andstayed there

coming up to a corner i over reved and had to quick think took it outta gear and broke with left foot... looked an idiot :worried:

it happens all the time with my clutch! silly they dont come with clips. anyone else have this issue before?

it was a seriously close call such a ****ty sharp corner i dont normally drive an idiot. but yer haha :worried:

na i dropped my mate of at mangos haha " i know " and it was a group of girls and lads who really liked the car and loved the miltek so i gave it a welly up past noodle bar to that corner...

not really a good road to do it on but i did it in plenty of room till it over reved and kept going i just slammed it outta gear :smile:

never had this problem. move your mats back or iron them :wink:. to be fair tho, that is a **** road to gun it down, there isnt much room. gotta watch the feds there as well, i always see them around. As lambio said, showing off in front of teeny's ftl lol!

the renaultsport mats have fixings in them but there is nowhere to fix them to?

My clutch pedal ALWAYS gets stuck under the mat.

Its annoying, i don't know why they haven't fitted clips. I'm tempted to get some heavy duty velcro and use that.

gotta do it once in a while tbh! plus there all poor uni folk i like to rub in there face you dont need to go uni lol...

but yer silly place to do it :worried: i also got into a bit of a habbit going through the bus station. not a good move when you gotta go the wrong way to get into the tunnel there :smile: sounds amazing tho...

its really annoying me with the clutch so i just put the mat in the boot now. and trying to keep my floor clean still by washing my shoes when i get in the car. will get it sorted soon tho. got some tailored car mats coming into stock at work with ill try them

get some decent mats.
i got mine from autostyle and they come with really good fasteners.
i even asked if the could send an extra 2 so i have 2 on each front mat, mine aint going nowhere. :wink:

lol i think the ones im getting in for stock are pretty good, going to set up a website you can design logos and **** on them... and thickness and style pipeing colour etc...

pretty kl i thought.

got some in already tho and they are a bit ****ty so will wait and see what the better qulity ones are like, if there not good ill grab some from a shop

I pull mine back every time I get in, find the brake gets caught under mine, also renault sport mats, nothing that doesnt put me in danger though

It happened to me, but in a 1.5 DCI, so there wasn't going anywhere. I had time to think, think a little bit more, take the mat away folding it and putting it in the back of my seat, and keep driving. But it will be scary in a 197, for sure.

Now, in the 197 I have some rubber mats (cheap), but they are going anywhere, but now it doesn't rain here I have to switchto normal ones, and we'll see what can I do about not moving them away with my feet.

you can get the clips that clip onto the carpet, had to get some when i got my renault mats

where from, and do they work with the renaultsport mats?

yeh i got them from renault, told them i didnt have the clips for the mat, so he went and got some, and gave them me for free, they are a black round pop on clip with a square base with a spike on the bottom, it like pierces the carpet and stops it from moving, never had a problem with them.

RS mats do come with clips . . . I have them in mine and never had this problem

I got RS mats and never got clips and nowhere to clip them if i had clips! just pull them back, not designed to go that far up to the pedals so they do ride up!
These are the worst dealer mats ever :worried:

I got RS mats and never got clips and nowhere to clip them if i had clips! just pull them back, not designed to go that far up to the pedals so they do ride up!
These are the worst dealer mats ever :worried:

the clips attach to the carpet via a spike, the mats will have two big pop button at the bottom of the mat and that pops onto the clips in the carpet