my car mat came close to killing me :-(

i have the velcro on the drivers side, its the way to go. once had a bottle of coke go under the break peddle tho, not cool.:thumbdown:

yeh i got them from renault, told them i didnt have the clips for the mat, so he went and got some, and gave them me for free, they are a black round pop on clip with a square base with a spike on the bottom, it like pierces the carpet and stops it from moving, never had a problem with them.

^^^ i went to the local steelers and he said he couldnt get hold of them!!!

they should be able to order them in, there is someone on here that works at renault, he maybe able to confirm/ get some for you.

I have genuine renaultsport mats fixed to the fixers in my car and in six months this has happened to me with the clutch a couple of times and as it catches on the mat it causes you to slip off the clutch. If you put your foot too far back on the peddle you pull the mat up with your heal, but you cant move your foot forward or you feel the steering shaft turning on your foot as you turn the wheel sort of a loose-loose situation! lol

I was told the same by Renault Leister when I bought the car and mats at the same time. They told me to use sticky back velcro which works, but the sticky comes off too easily. They are terrible OEM mats, they should come with the clips. I might have another go soon to try and source some from Renalut Wolverhampton. Can anyone get them?

Super Strong Velcro from Tesco, £2.99. It'll be on the stationary bit, sticks like **** on a blanket. :wink: Sorry to sound like a smartarse, but I had the mats for less than 2 hours before I decided them getting stuck to the pedals was not an ideal situation and they could do with fixing down. Sounds like you got lucky, when I saw the title of the thread I was expecting to see pictures of a a dead Clio!!! :smile:

Last edited:
completely agree, slide forward all the time, if they hadnt cost so much I woulda just threw them away by now, will have to purchase some velcro I think.